Braeden's school had a Skateland party last Thursday night. I thought it would be fun to invite his cousin along. When we were just about to leave, I noticed Braeden doing his hair (without me asking him to) and changing his clothes. I told him that he looked so good looking and this was his reply, "I know, I am trying to look handsome for Kali. I hope she goes tonight."
OK . . . . what? My 6 year thinks of these things already? I knew he had a "girlfriend" because he came home one day and told me he "got a girlfriend" that day. But it was completely cute when he was trying to look good for Kali. So that was kind of funny. But she wasn't there and Braeden was kind of sad.
We went to pick up Cade and the boys were just dying to know what Skateland was all about. Braeden was trying to figure out how it works and asking all these questions. Cade was nervous I wouldn't help him skate. When we walked through the door, I watched their faces examine everything. It was funny watching them take in all what was going on.
But we got our skates on and off we went . . . . . REALLY SLOW!! I had 1 boy holding each of my hands, falling down every so often. I was completely amazed I never fell. (Thanks to my "Skating Skills") None of them had ever skated on a slipery floor like that and they were lucky to have me catching them. But I honestly had so much fun. It probably helped having such old school music being played. I was skating and totally singing to every song. I missed all the GREAT nights of skateland I had when I was in elementary school! But Braeden & Cade had so much fun. They actually got better at skating towards the end of the night and skated by themselves. When it was close to being over, they had everyone take off their skates and do the CHA CHA SLIDE. Braeden had no clue what to do, so he did his own thing, Cade was trying to figure out what to do though. So this is a video of that!
5 comments:
So hilarious! In the beginning Cade reminded me of those dreaded Saturday night dances at the church where the deacons just swayed from side to side....Ahhh good times!
That is so funny! I wonder if I still have some awesome skate skills! LOL
Where did Braeden get his break dancing skills from??
Ok, this is freaky - I just woke up from having a dream about a Skateland party. I was so fast! How fun for you and Braeden. I love that he was concerned about how good he looked. So funny.
How cute that he was getting ready for a girl!! Oh Skateland!
Skateland...wow the memories of my own kids going to those and I also went to the mom thingie and skated every Friday morning and my kids had to go to their babysitting area...they hated it....but I HAD A GOOD TIME!!!! Your little guy getting all spiffy for a girl is too cute!!!
Post a Comment