Saturday, September 6, 2008

QUESTION.....


Why is that almost every time I am in a public restroom, people go straight from the stall and then out the door? Did they really forget to wash their hands? I mean, come on. Here I am at the sink scrubbing my hands and probably one of my kids, they walk out of the stall, sometimes even make an effort to walk to the mirror (by a sink) to check themselves out, we make eye contact, they smile and then walk right out the door! Did they think I really didn't notice? They rubbed their stinky dirty hands all over the door handle for people to touch after they just washed their hands. My kids KNOW not to open the bathroom door with out the towel they used to dry their hands with. I even make sure my paper towel is ready to go so I don't have to use my clean hands to get it out. I can't believe people do this. Sometimes I go to the restroom just to wash my hands. I am so disgusted by this. This actually happened to me today... I was so angry because it was the 3rd time that the person who touched the door handle right before me was a nasty woman who decides not to wash their hands.




Maybe after reading this next paragraph, people would think twice about not washing their after using the restroom. How many times have we heard doctors say that to help prevent sickness is to wash your hands A LOT! It's common sense.


Handwash Disease Away
The US Centers for Disease Control says proper and frequent handwashing is “the single most important means of preventing the spread of infection.” But, researchers in a study for the American Society for Microbiology found when it comes to public restrooms, only 77% of people wash their hands after using the restroom. And if you’re a guy, watch out, one-third of the men spied on didn’t bother to lather up, compared to only 12% of women. Some studies show there are, on average, 229,000 germs per square inch on faucet handles that see frequent use, and about 1,500 on a square centimeter of a person’s hand. The easiest ways for germs to get into your body is through your eyes, mouth and nose; the average person touches these areas with their hand about 200 times per day.


To help those out, I have even posted some easy steps on how to do this. Technically you should wash you hands for 2 minutes, but even 30 seconds is good. SOMETHING TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!!



Those who know me know that I am somewhat of a germaphobe. I say "somewhat" only because my lovely sister and sister-in-law are WAY more germaphobes than me. And they will agree with me and back me up on this matter. I am pretty easygoing on most things, but I get completely offended by this.

JUST WASH YOU HANDS!!

7 comments:

Mel said...

Now you know why Lisa and I are FREAKS!! Barf, it makes me want to wash my hands right now!

Sassy said...

OH GAG!!!! AMEN on this one....I can't handle it when they don't wash...especially after teaching school and seeing what kids do ...it is gross...I'm with ya sista!!!

ensman said...

I totally agree!!! I do the paper towel thing too!!! I WAS talking about Luna, New Mexico! That is so funny! My parents have a ranch there and they are going to be moving there permanently pretty soon. I know crazy huh! They go to church there every week even though they are in Pinetop still on the weekdays. I love it when we go to church seeing all of the deacons with their wranglers on and their pocket knife in their back pocket, passing the sacrament. If that were to happen here I wouldn't like it but in Luna it's the best!

Peterson Family said...

Seriously, that is disgusting. I can NOT stand that either. Seriously, don't people know how gross/un-healthy that is?

Remind me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry won't try the pizza that Poppy made just for him, cause he witnessed him NOT washing his hand either... eeeww!!

heidi said...

i totally agree! bathrooms are so gross and unfortunately there is a huge population out there that hasn't realized that!

Elisha said...

OK, I totally agree with you too because I am a HUGE germaphobe! I have purell with me 24/7! I have to admit though, sometimes I don't LET my kids wash their hands in a public restroom (depending on how dirty it is) but after they get out of the restroom I break out the purell and go to work! I just KNOW that the door handles are already coated in crap!

Lisa said...

Wow....now who's a nut!?....lol
I think I'm going to go wash my Hands!