
Well, he's now 5 months old! Where does the time go?

First let me explain the name. About a week ago, I called Caleb chubby. He is chubbier than our other babies...not by much, but he is. Each kid has gotten a little chubbier than the one before them. So we decided that we would nickname him Chubs. Well, our witty little Elli started calling him Chub-a-lub to be funny and we have called him that ever since.

Caleb James is one sweet baby. Mark & I have been so blessed with the sweetest babies .... but we sure make up for it when they reach the age of 2. All 3 of our kids have been AMAZING BABIES!! They all started sleeping through the night since one month or month and a half. They hardly ever cried except for the usual hunger, sleepy, change my diaper cries. But this Caleb baby is very different. He definitely took after me! :) He hardly ever makes a peep. He always has an INSTA-SMILE! Even when he's crying, if you look at him with a smile, he'll smile while he is crying. Quite cute! He can tolerate his older siblings when they CONSTANTLY bug him...especially Elli. He is soooooo easy going and just makes having 3 kids easier. I'm ready for another one. haha!
The only beef I have with Caleb is that he is losing his hair....therefore, his curls are not as thick and curly like they were. They better grow back. I am BITTER about this. It's a sore subject with me.
But I seriously can't get enough of this boy. He smells so dang good. Mark always says that even his sweat smells good. And he's right. It does! There are so many features on this baby that I love. The first is that face he makes when his lips are together and his cheeks get big. Ohhhhhhh! I wish he's was awake right now!
My second favorite feature of Caleb is how he is always eating his toes. It usually is his right toe that he eats, but for this picture, he decided to use his left toe.
But I think this is my #1 favorite feature. He always sticks his tongue out! OOOOOoooohhhh, how does he manage to get me so wrapped around his little finger? Things like this make me so crazy. Just look at that cuteness!

Oh wait, maybe this is my favorite feature. Here he is sporting his INSTA-SMILE. This is the smile he gives to everyone he comes in contact with. Cute, ugly, scary or weird looking. It doesn't matter what you look like, this kid will give you a smile just like this one. How is a mother to act when her baby does this. This kid just might get away with anything if he keeps it up.
Love ya Chub-A-Lub! You make our whole family happier having you with us! Even though your brother and sister maul you, they absolutely adore you. They say how much they love you everyday and are constantly telling me that he is the cutest baby.
I love this motherhood thing!
4 comments:
so cute!! don't you just love the baby smell! ok and how lucky are you guys that your babes sleep through the night at one month! oh i wish mine slept at least 5-6 hours straight!! so lucky:)
Too cute! Makes me want to wake Tyke up so I can squeeze him!!
You are such a cute mom and you know why he is such a cute baby because you were too!!! Okay I am sure your hubby was too, but dang girl you were a very cute baby...and like I said earlier my boys had those tight curls and they too lost them ands it made me so sad but guess what when they started pub-er-dizing they came back in all their glory and I ♥ them...and don't you think Heaven must smell like babies...that is the best smell...Heaven surely smells like babies or rain...THE BEEST!!!
I can't believe how big he is already!! He is so dang cute and I love that smile. Jase's hair fell out too and I was pretty much obsessed with staring at it every day to see if more was growing back! I love the rolls too! It makes you just want to squeeze him! :)
Post a Comment