My dad got home Saturday afternoon and tried to explain to us that it wasn't as bad as we were making it to be. He tried to prove it to us by pictures. It's been about 5 days since he has been home and he is limping just a little on one leg. He "says" it was like that before he left. Ummmm, OK! :) He did manage to get some BEAUTIFUL pictures though.
This is a picture of how far he went in just a couple hours. I guess his truck is parked somewhere in that valley. He pointed it out to me, but hard to explain where. But it's down there.

That is how far he was going.... to the top. Go Umpa! (As the grandkids call him)

Just a little bit further! Oh wait...let me take a picture of my handsome, scruffy self! (He did come home with a full, scruffy, gray beard and he was actually quite handsome with it. I never see him with a beard. I was mad I didn't get a picture with it.

Hhmmmmmmmm..... this place looks cozy, let's just stay here. Forget about going to the top. Let's look inside!

It looks nice and clean!

With a fully stocked fridge!
A SWEET stove to cook on!

Comfy matresses to sleep on.

And if the matress isn't good enough for you... you got a RAD couch to crash on.

Don't worry if you get lonely, you'll have some company to join you. I hear they don't run from you in this place. They hang around long enough to take it's picture!

I guess this is a family cabin up on Mnt. Grahm. I never actually heard of this place before but I guess I was there. My dad carved all our initials in this rock. I was only a year and half old.

Too cute! We're glad you made it home! We are also grateful for the burritos you brought home with you! MMmmmm, they were good. Next time, take me with you so I can enjoy that rad cabin with you!
1 comment:
I ♥ the fact he took pictures...LOL...maybe you could talk him into starting a blog...he's good...he took pictures of all the important stuff...does Der-baby scrapbook because he has been trained well...I really ♥ the rock!!! Glad he arrived back home safely...I worried about him...I thought maybe he was like the new Moses and was going up to receive some new commandments...maybe some easier ones...like it's okay to covet just a little, etc.etc. WHERE IS THIS GOING??? I'll quit...glad he's back home.
Post a Comment