Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wildlife Man AKA Stubborn Old Man


This is my dad... Isn't he handsome!! Keep in mind during this post that he reached the age of 59 this past July. He has loved hiking, fishing, hunting, etc. ever since....well, FOREVER!! He has also always been a little stubborn, but would give up anything to any of his 5 kids, even his sleep. Sometimes he would get woken up in the middle of the night to go downstairs to kill a little spider. We could always count on him to save us girls from even the littlest bug.
But my dad has reached a new level of STUBBORN this past week. Like I said earlier, he loves hiking! He has decided to hike the Grand Mountain. Which is OK, even at his age, he is still capable of doing such things. The part that bugs all of our family is that he WILL NOT let anyone go with him. My sister-in-law warned my dad that she was going to hide in the back of his truck when he left and when they got to the hiking trails, she would whine and complain the whole time just so he would turn around and go home.
We just worry that he could fall and brake a leg or something, or get stuck and there won't be anyone to get help. But he feels he will be OK. He took 2 guns with him, food, water, and other things to keep him prepared. He left real early this morning and my mom was laughing at him. Just picture in your mind, if you will, a man with a gun on each hip, a fanny pack in front (yes Traci, my dad wears one too!) with sunflower seeds and his famous homemade jerky in it, a big huge backpack on his back hiking a mountain. He cracks me up. He plans on spending 2 nights in the middle of nowhere in just a sleepingbag. I get grossed out just thinking of all the bugs crawling around close to him....eeewwhh.
My dad has been planning this for a while now. There was no stopping him. He was going whether or not we wanting him to. Just be careful dad. We love and need you too much!!

4 comments:

Mel said...

I tried, but that man is SOOOOOOOOO STUBBORN! Gotta love our Der-Babe!

Donna said...

Our Derbabe is a energier bunnny, He's diffently our rock. He is hiking Mt.Graham, he loves that mountain. I Love that man. I'll just be glad when he's home.

Sassy said...

okay...just tell me Der-BABE got home okay.....He is a funny dude...he climbed in my car one time down town years ago...I was sitting in the driver's side and all of a sudden my passenger door opened and all I hear as this man is getting in with me is "I hope this is her" he scared the tar out of me...crazy guy...we had a good laugh...

Sassy said...

I also meant to say love that picture in your header...the little guy with the curls...all my boys had that nigger-knot curly hair as well...♥ it!!!!