Friday, June 6, 2008

The Wedding Dancer!!

My cousin, Dano Shreeve, got married yesterday. When we were driving to the reception, Braeden was asking us where we were going and after we told him he wanted to know what a reception was. So we told him. He wasn't too excited to be going, but excited to see his cousins. When we got there, he and Elli were starving so I got them a plate of food and Mark and I stood in the receiving line. This was too cute not to take of picture of. Elli and Braeden both sitting at this cute little table!





Mark holding our cute Caleb.




Braeden with his cousin Caden (my sister Lisa's boy)







They were all playing tag together. And by the end of the night, Elli called them her"friends." She stuck with these girls all night and didn't wan't to leave them.



OK, here was the HIGHLIGHT of the night. Braeden stole the dance floor and didn't care who was watching and had all the confidence in the world to dance like a ROCKSTAR! The cutest part of it all was that he would dance himself outside the door (where the food table was) and eat some ice every once in a while. Then come back in and continue geting jiggy wit it.


He was shy at first to go out and dance, but all of sudden, he broke out the MOVES! Moves that I have never seen him do before. I could not believe this was my little boy. He must have got it from his Aunt Lisa who lives to get out on the dancefloor. (If you get on her blog, she has a couple videos of her doing Karaoke and busting her moves.) Braeden continued dancing until we left.



He ended up having a fan club. 3 girls were following him around and one of them got a chance to ask him to dance. (AAahhhhh, he is only 5 years old) They ended up all wanting to dance with him and made a circle.



Elli and Daddy got jiggy wit it too! She loves dancing with her daddy!





This is video of him dancing. I was so mad I didn't have my video camera. I used the video on the regular camera. It doesn't have a way to add extra light so it isn't very bright, but you can see his shadow dancing. The photographers were snapping pictures of him like crazy.


But it's funny because you'll see my sister Lisa join Braeden, then Caden, and then Mark who was holding Caleb.


On the way home, Mark and I were telling Braeden how he was an amazing dancer and that everyone loved watching him and thought he ROCKED. Braeden's response to us was CLASSIC..... "I knew I could ROCK THE WORLD."


Then I was asking Elli if she had fun dancing with Daddy and her response was.... "I rocked around the world Mom." She is always copying what Braeden's says. So that was a very fun night for us. And Braeden now likes Wedding Receptions.


*** Braeden is starting a business of being a Wedding Dancer. He has all the energy in the world to go all night long if you would like. If anyone would like him to dance for your wedding reception, let us know. ***

3 comments:

Mel said...

Sooo Cute!! Sucks that we had to miss that one, Drake would have loved to join in on the fun!

Sassy said...

Pretty fancy footwork!!! I was thinking all along that he reminded me of Lisa's posts and her dancing queen moves...How cute is he??? What a fun time...

definately puttin' on the ritz

Megan said...

Braeden is so cute! I can't believe how fast yours kids are growing up!! I love to see all the pictures though - hopefully we will get to see you soon!