Monday, March 30, 2009

Funny Story


Mark is ALWAYS brainwashing Elli and telling her that he is her boyfriend and she is going to marry him someday. Mark will ask her who her boyfriend is and who she is going to marry and her response is always , "You Daddy!" She'll even call him Boyfriend instead of Dad sometimes.


Well, yesterday we were with cousins and Mark was asking her again who she was going to marry and Elli said, "You Daddy!" But a few minutes later, she whispered to Mark this....



Elli: "Dad, I'm so sorry, but I can't marry you."


Mark: "But why?"


Elli: "Your hands are too big. I have to marry Bryce. Sorry Daddy." (Bryce is her cousin)


Mark: "What if I buy you a really pretty ring, will you marry then?"


Elli: "Yes, and if you buy me a toy, I'll marry you!"



Just today I was asking Elli why she said that just to hear her response. She said, "When I get big, I'll marry Daddy. And you'll get small Mom and marry Bryce."

6 comments:

Mel said...

haha! Too cute!

kirk n stacy said...

Very typical of those Baker boys brainswashing their children. How precious though. Cute Cute.

Emily said...

Jami, don't ever get too small:)

Sassy said...

I love the minds of children and I love reading about your children they are so cute...

Tiffany + Jared said...

I love this story. it's Uh-mazing.

Tiffany + Jared said...

I love this story! It is UH-mazing!