Sunday, November 16, 2008

What were we thinking??

Last week, my younger sister, Kara, was watching my older sister, Lisa's, kids for a week. Veteran's Day was on Tuesday and we wanted to do something to get the kids out of the house. We decided to go to Skateland!! Yeah! Bringing back the memories again! We went to lunch at Chick-Fil-A before we left and I think every other mother had the same idea as we did. There were SOOOO many kids there running around. It was madness for sure. After we almost lost our minds at Chick-Fil-A, we were crazy enough to still take them to Skateland.



When we got there, we got everyone's skates on and none of them had ever gone skating before (except for Braeden and Caden that went with me a month or so ago.) They were all scared at first and kept falling down. I even got to take Elli with me a couple times around with her tiny little skates on. Everything was going OK. Kara and I took turns staying with the 2 little kids and holding each of the bigger kids up so they wouldn't fall. If you want a fun workout, just take kids to Skateland that haven't been skating before. It will keep your heartrate up and arms pumped!!



Well, after a couple hours had gone by, Caleb started getting hungry. I asked Kara to hand me the bottle stuff and we couldn't find it anywhere. I know I filled my formula holder up with formula but couldn't find it. So I decide to go to the car to look for it...maybe it fell out of my bag. By that time, Kara was stuck on the other side while the skaters played Red Light, Green Light, so I packed up the babies, took off my skates and headed to the car. No luck there! Is wasn't in the car. So I head back inside to tell Kara that I didn't have my formula for Caleb. I decided I would take the babies home and she would stay with the older boys so they could get their energy out.




Anyway, for the little bit I was there, it was fun!! And I know the kids had fun! We got to Skateland around 1:30 and Kara didn't bring Braeden home until 6:00. Braeden couldn't stop talking about for a while. He wants to go again and is planning our next trip on for this Saturday.



We even got a visit from Spongebob. What a treat for us since we are Spongbob-aholics!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Okay, next time you go you have to call me! I want to go and I know Drake you have fun too!!

Sassy said...

How fun is that??? I used to go on Friday mornings when my kids were little and do the mom skate thing...it is a great workout...