Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Best Moments in Life!

Braeden has recently been more interested in wildlife lately. Him and Mark watch MAN VS. WILD TV show a lot. Braeden came home from school and wanted to pretend he was in nature and had to survive out by himself. I told him to make a fishing pole out of a stick and pretend to catch fish. So he did and he climbed a tree and the ground was his water. Well, he got bored with that after a little bit. He's been wanting to build a fire, but I had to explain to him that we don't do that unless we need to and if mom or dad are around.

But when Mark and I were putting the kids to bed, we had them tell us stories instead of us telling them stories. Elli came up with this long Princess story about her and her dad (she was rubbing her fingers through his hair while she was telling her story.) It was adorable and her imagination is too cute. I wish I had her little voice recorded telling us her story.

Then Braeden was telling us his story about being in nature and how he was making a fire. Mark explained again to him that we cannot build fires in our backyard and this was their conversation about it . . . . .

Mark: "You know that we can't play with fire, right?"

Braeden: "Yes."

Mark: "Fire isn't a toy."

Braeden: "Dad, it doesn't even look like a toy so I won't play with it."

I guess it was just so cute with the way he said it. But I love those moments with my kids and Mark that are just so precious. Why can't we freeze time?

No comments: