Sunday, September 20, 2009

For My Records....

Braeden got a headache after church today. So I gave him some Tylenol and he laid down. But a half hour later or so, he came to me not looking very good and saying he still didn't feel good. Well, he threw up a little bit. (Too much info.... I know) So Mark got him situated and had him lay down. He fell asleep even though all of his cousins were over. When he woke up, it was like he was ever sick. He ate dinner and played like crazy.


Tonight while we were getting the kids ready for bed, Braeden told me a sweet story. He said this..... "I think I would still be sick if I didn't say a prayer while I was in bed after I threw up. I sang my favorite primary songs and it reminded me to say a prayer. So I'm glad I said a prayer so I wasn't still sick." Oh how I love the sweetness of kids. When I worry about how Mark and I are doing as parents and stressing whether or not my kids are actually understanding the importance of staying close to our Heavenly Father, it's moments like these that reassure me that our kids are listening. They pick up the littlest things. Even in Primary when I think Braeden isn't listening, he is. He is such a sweet boy and very tenderhearted. I love these kind of moments. So much that it can't go unwritten.

2 comments:

ensman said...

That is so sweet! I love it!

Stefany Pew said...

What a sweet and smart little boy! That is a great story and it's a good thing you wrote it down because it's these sweet little moments that we can tend to forget. I love blogs! Great journal!