Our nephew Josh got married in March in the San Diego Temple. So Mark and I took off and left Braeden and Elli behind. Elli went to her cousin, Blayke's house and had a lot of girl time! Braeden had a Pinewood Derby that weekend and he stayed with my sister Lisa and my mom. I think they enjoyed having time away from Mom and Dad.
Right when we got to San Diego, Mark's brothers and parents were meeting up for dinner. It was really yummy Mexican food! Of course the balloon guy came to our table and Caleb requested a tiger. And it was a really detailed tiger. I couldn't believe that guy made it out of a balloon!
The next morning we got ready for the temple and waited for Tiff and Greg to come because they were the sweet ones to watch Caleb for us..... amongst some more cousins.
Here is the group at the temple. There are many you can't even see.
After, we headed to lunch and then to Sprinkles. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but even Sprinkles cupcakes don't cut it for me. Not worth the calories. I'd rather be eating some frozen yogurt or chocolate. Mark had never had one, so he bought one and doesn't think they are worth the money either. Kind of glad I don't have an obsession for them. But you could see the temple from outside Sprinkles, so we took a picture of Mark and Caleb with it in the background!
We had time to kill so we went with Greg & Holly and Dianna & Bob to this cool aquarium in San Diego. Caleb thought it was pretty cool!!
Here are some sharks in a tank that obviously needs some cleaning!! Nice!
This tank was pretty cool! It was HUGE!!! And SOOOO many different kinds of fish. They had seats for people to sit down and watch it. Everyone's feet were hurting because no one had brought any clothes to change into and we were still wearing our church shoes. So we sat there for a while watching Caleb run around looking at the fish!
This was outside... can't remember what was in that water.... oh well.
Mark posing for me, this was like the 5th picture I took of him because my settings were wrong on all the other pictures.
At the reception, we enjoyed the entertainment! Our nephew Nikolaus is quite the little talker. Him and Caleb hit it off from the beginning. Nikolaus was making Caleb laugh so hard and Caleb tried to act like him and it was quite funny watching them together. They don't see enough of each other.
It was fun just having Caleb with us! He loved being the only child with all the attention on him. He was super cheesy most of the time. We had been diving around A LOT this day and Caleb had only gotten a tiny nap. He was super tired by the end of the night (which was about 10 by now) and just as we were driving away from the reception, Caleb threw up everything he had eaten that day. Including his hot dogs from lunch. I could tell he was acting a little weird at the reception, but didn't know what it was. But luckily, it only got all over him and his car seat. But Mark and I were so very tired and now we had to clean up throw up. There was a park nearby that had a water fountain on the ground and we hosed everything off. It took a good 45 to get it all clean. I couldn't stand the smell. Pretty annoying, but whacha gonna do.
Anyway.... Congrats Josh & Caitlyn! So happy for you guys!!


No comments:
Post a Comment