Caleb has been in swim lessons and is actually doing pretty well. He knows how to swim.... except he forgets how to lift his head to take a breath. Kind of an important issue when your swimming!! So he can't go very far distances.
But he absolutely LOVES to go swimming!! He gets so excited to go to swim lessons! Even though every time he has gone, he freezes. It still is so cold to go swimming. (At least for wimpy me)
He has a great teacher, Miss Sarah. She is an fitness junkie. She does so many different activities and classes with kids and adults. I wish I had that kind of attitude towards exercise!!
He is supposed to hold still for 10 seconds for this part of swim lessons...... to this day, he only gets to 5 seconds before he starts wiggling. He just can't hold still.
And for this too.... he can't seem to hold still for very long.
He is so very cold in this picture. He was ready for a towel!! Love this kid!!
Last Saturday, we went swimming in the backyard with the kids and Caleb used the noodle a lot to swim with. We have a little kid area where Caleb hangs out and swims too. Well, he kind of fell in by that area, but also out kind of far. I was watching him and ran over to save him. But he was swimming towards the steps and actually saved himself. It took a lot of work from him to do it, but he swam to get to the step. I was pretty proud of him!! As soon as he got to the step he was crying and gasping for air because he doesn't know how to come up for a breath, but I let him do it. Go Caleb!! Swim lessons have paid off.
1 comment:
Heated pools for me only right now!! My kids have been out swimming and I think they are CRAZY!!
Good job on your lessons Caleb!
Post a Comment