Monday, August 17, 2009

PINETOP!!

We spent a whole week in Pinetop 2 weeks ago. My mom and I drove up 2 Monday's ago and and throughout the week, everyone else came too. We rented a really big house with 5 rooms and we had had grand ole time. Cody & Rachel were only able to come up for a day & a half when no one else was there but my Mom & I. But we had a nice quiet time with them before all the chaos and craziness started when all the other little kids came.



Braeden rolling around on the furniture.


We keep Cody around to wash the dishes!!


We went to Woodland Park with Cody & Rachel. They were so sweet to help me with my kids!!!


Elli has always had a little crush on her Uncle Cody. They are so cute together.


Braeden showing me how high he can swing.


Caleb just didn't know what to do with himself. He was loving life being outside like that. We haven't done any parks recently in the summer, who wants to do that in the summertime in AZ??? Actually, Caleb hasn't been to a park yet where I would get him out of the stroller to play. He has always been strapped in because he couldn't walk yet.




Uncle Cody pulling the stroller for me until we got to the path around the lake.




What's Pinetop / Show Low without visiting the go carts? We had to.


This picture cracks me up. Lisa has a funny face, she's really taking her driving skills seriously. Luella Mae, oh I mean my Mom, is taking pictures in the passenger seat. My Dad is laughing at her and Kara doesn't know what is going on. It's just a great picture.


We let Braeden & Elli drive the little cars around so they could drive by themselves. I just happen to get a fun picture of Elli as she passed by.



Braeden didn't look at me but one time the whole time he was in there, and I didn't get a picture of him looking at me. He was taking this serious too, just like his Aunt Lisa!!!


Now... these 2 kids will love each other someday, but right now, they just enjoy hitting each other and getting a reaction out. Tyke & Caleb are 3 months apart (Tyke is older) But Tyke acts and looks like he is a year older. He is a huge kid and he pounces on Caleb. He kept hitting Caleb's head while they sat in there together. But later, we put Caleb in back of the stroller and he decided to get Tyke back. He is teaching Caleb how to be tough I guess.


The whole JOLLEY Family. My Mom's side of the family.


At the picnic on Saturday. Caleb took Mark's glasses and oh is he so cute with them on!!


I wanted to go on a little walk with Elli & Blake to go looking for the boys who wandered off and we found them. Cade wanted to take a picture of us. He did a pretty good job.


Then Elli & I. (Yes I realize my kids' glasses are upside down. It's some weird thing Braeden thought was cool and Elli has to follow his move.)


I kept trying to get a picture of Blayke & Elli together, but Blayke wouldn't let me. By time my camera took the picture, Blayke was off running away. And of course, Elli stayed where she was to get her picture taken.


She's trying to run away.


I guess no one knew I was taking a picture!


Awww, Kara & her Ryan. Aren't they cute??


Kara with Tyke, Cole & Drake. I'm not sure Kara likes her picture taken.... oh wait, she does!!


I swear these girls are typical GIRLS!! They love each other one minute, the next minute, they are screaming at each other and not getting along. Even seconds before this picture, Elli was doing something to Blayke and they got mad at each other. I'm not sure they will get over this either..... they ARE girls!


Elli's cousin MaKenna. MaKenna wanted to do Elli's hair, so she did. Well, MaKenna needs leave in conditioner for her hair, so she kept putting it in Elli's..... like a lot. But they had fun and MaKenna did do a cute job!


Elli had just gotten this phone and her and Blayke were playing with it. Not sure if Elli knows how to use it though.... what do you think??


Caleb found the animal cookies and decided to dump all of them on the floor and eat them. I swear this kid can smell sugar a mile away.


Across the street was an empty lot. So the kids built a fort with trees. Thanks to Ryan for helping them. I really don't think it would have gotten done while we were there if you didn't step it up!



They are at it again!! Caleb couldn't get far enough from Tyke. I have a couple more pictures of Tyke chasing Caleb.


The girls of the fort.


My dad planned a fishing day with his grandkids. My dad has always loved fishing. He would take us kids fishing and I remember getting hooked in the face by my sister's line. Never was a big fan of fishing.... I just loved the Circle K trips before going fishing. Now, it's fun watching our kids fish. My dad was so patient fixing all the fishing poles before hand.


Braeden thought it was so cool he could cross the river over a tree trunk.


Ryan helping Elli over.


Again, Caleb enjoying the outdoors.


Elli & Braeden across the river really trying to catch a fish.


Lisa trying to understand her kids and what they are saying to her!!


Awww, Brock, what a sweetheart!


Elli right before she stepped into a cow pie. Then decided her leg was itchy and wiped all the poop on her leg too. Good times (now that it's over)


My brother helping his kids.


Yes, I think it's safe to say that Kara does like her picture taken!! :) But she always looks so cute!!


My dad is a sucker for his grandkids!! He is always picking up the little ones and loving them!


I couldn't get enough of Caleb. This was the first time being outside for him where he wasn't strapped in a stroller. He got to walk around and be a big kid. It was cute watching him.


The kids caught a ton of crawdads here.


It was a FUN week! I didn't want to go back to the 100+ degree weather. Thanks for the good times!

3 comments:

Kjohnson said...

Hi Jami! I randomly found your blog through Kara's! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Your kids are so big, seriously!

p.s. this is kara's friend Krystle. I said the same thing to Lisa in case you didn't figure it out!

Sassy said...

What a great time....love all of the pic's......looks like a lot of good memories were made....

Mel said...

Dang, you beat me to posting about Pinetop! I need a copy of the big family pic!
I'm still laughing that Caleb got smart and started getting Tyke back in the stroller! HILARIOUS! My kid is such a bully!