Sunday, August 16, 2009

The birthday continues....

Since Braeden didn't have a party, we just had a family get together at my parent's house and ate hamburgers and cake and ice cream.


Aunt Kara was so sweet. She couldn't make it to the party so she dropped of a present for him. He loves Bionicles and surprisingly, he doesn't have all of them yet. Thanks Kara & Drake for getting him some!!


He got a sonic gift card. These days he has a fetish with Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic fast food. Don't really know where it came from, but it's just another stage that he's going through.


This present was kind of for me for him present. I got it because I haven't played this game forever and I loved it growing up. So he got it for his birthday!! Lucky him! (he actually loved it and we played a little bit before bed tonight!)


This is the perfect picture of how excited he was for this. We were at Target a couple weeks ago and I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he looked around and found this Nerf Machine Gun. He hasn't stopped thinking about since then and he kept asking if I could give him hints of what I got him for his bday. He knew if I gave him hints, he would know what it was. He was so excited for it.



Since Braeden has a fetish with Sonic, he wanted a Sonic cake. Well, no one sells anything Sonic at the stores and I looked on eBay and nothing reasonably priced was on there. BUT, when Grandma Harper took Braeden bday shopping, they had a few Sonic characters. Of course Braeden bought that and we then put it on the cake and it was a Sonic cake (or cupcakes). This was my attempt at a nice cake.

And Brownie Pops. These were pretty yummy!!


All the crazy ones who ran in the picture when they noticed a camera!!



The boys trying to figure out how to put together the gun! They couldn't figure it out, but then realized after about an hour that the battery that came with it was dead. Although on the box it said, "Fresh battery included" So now I have been given an ultimatum from Braeden that I must go buy a D battery tomorrow.


Amongst the chaos of the boys putting together the gun, the girls still found time to pamper themselves. They were fixing hair and putting on make-up.


Braeden had a great day! Thanks to everyone who called, sent cards and came today for the little family party!! He said it was a fun birthday this year.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Good to see the girls getting along for a few minutes!
And, yah, those brownie pops were delish!