Braeden got to do something so cool earlier this month. His cousin's birthday and baptism was the 10th and 11th in California and his sweet Aunt Stacy wanted Braeden there so she flew him to California. Last time we were there, Braeden was so sad to leave, he loves visiting his cousin Austin. I told Braeden that he was going to fly on an airplane ALL BY HIMSELF and he was VERY EXCITED!!! He had some concerns, but he got over them and couldn't wait!! The whole day before his flight, he couldn't stop talking about it. Well, Mark got off work and we were heading to the airport and things seemed OK. I was talking to him about being good and listening to Stacy and as soon as we got to the parking garage, Braeden froze and wouldn't get out of the car. If we opened the door on one side, he would go to the other side. But we told him we needed to at least go inside and talk to the people in the airport. Mark grabbed his hand and wouldn't let go of it. Mark talked to him the whole time and comforted him. We got to the gate, bought him some food, and then they called the pre-boarders. I could have sworn we got there in plenty of time, but everything took so long to do when we got there and we hardly had anytime to sit with him or even take pictures. I am kind of bummed about that. But as soon as we told him it was time to get on, he grabbed his bag and said, "Bye Mom and Dad!'' No questions asked, he went right on the plane and sat there and watched movies on his ipod. He got there OK and Stacy picked him up and he LOVED FLYING IN A PLANE ALONE!! Thanks Stacy!!
Well, I got to thinking and really wanted to go to Cali too. My other sister in law was driving there for the weekend the next day, so I got everything together and drove up with her. Braeden is a home body and I knew he would get homesick, so I'm glad I went. He was excited to see me and it was a really fun weekend. Mark stayed back because he needed to work. I left Caleb at home and my new sister in law watched him while Mark worked. I took Elli with me and we had fun!
Austin had a really fun birthday party at Mountasia. Goofy golfing, bumper boats, rock climbing and race carts. The kids had fun!!
Elli eating the cake and ice cream!

On Saturday, Austin got baptized. It is so fun for my kids to watch their cousins get baptized. It gets them excited to be baptized. I love it!


Braeden is quite the Baptism Singer. He has sang in 3 baptisms recently (once with Elli) and in sacrament with me a couple months back. He finally told me, "Mom, I'm not singing anymore at baptisms, just with you." But then Stacy asked if we would sing "A Child's Prayer" at Austin's baptism and Braeden did agree to do it. (He does need some bribing though) So my mother in law took this lovely picture of Braeden and I singing. It's not a very cute picture of me, but it works. I love when Braeden sings, it's the cutest thing for me.

Grandma Dianna with Haley and Elli.

Elli wanted to hold baby Sarah the whole time. And she got her turn and just sat there rubbing her arm and playing with her ear. Elli loves babies. Logan and Bryce love their little sister too (obviously) because they couldn't leave her alone either.
Braeden enjoyed playing with Austin's toys he got for his birthday. He loves anything Lego, Bionicle, etc.
We had so much fun. Thanks Camille for letting us tag along and Stacy for letting Braeden fly. We had a great time!
4 comments:
What a brave boy to fly all by himself. That's nice to have relatives in Cali...you always have an excuse to need to go there!
so cute! I can't believe he flew all by himself! Only Braeden! :)
You are one brave MOM!! :) That's cool that he did so well. Glad that you and Elli had fun over there as well. I love Cali.
Ahhh...It's been foever since I've blogged. This was such a great weekend. It meant so much, thanks for being a BRAVE momma and letting us have that precious boy.
Post a Comment