Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Fun Bowling Eperience!


My mom wanted to take her grandkids bowling before they had to go back to school. So we went last Friday and had as much fun as you can with lots of little kids acting crazy!! First of all, my kids should not have had the opportunity to bowl at all. They were off the walls at our house before we left and disobeying everything I told them. But they were very lucky to have been able to do this. Anyway, we went to the new bowling alley in Gilbert and I love it there. It is my favorite place to bowl.
We had some interesting men bowling next to us. They had all their bowling gear in their fancy roll luggage, bowling strikes every time they rolled the ball. (How fun is that to always get strikes . . . boring) (I say that because my highest score in bowling was in the 130's and very rarely get strikes or spares) But our kids apparently were in the men's way when they got up to bowl. So we told the kids to get out their way, but the men still wouldn't bowl because 2 kids were in OUR lane. I guess they don't like to bowl when there are 2 people in the lane next to them. Well, the guy dropped his ball in the place that holds the bowling balls and was so mad that he had to wait every turn. (Obviously that was his problem because they weren't in his lane) But give me a break, they are kids.
The funniest part of all was when it was Braeden's turn to bowl. Now Braeden thinks he is the greatest bowler of all time. He basically drops the ball on the floor when he bowls. This one particular time he bowled, he dropped the ball in the other guy's lane and gave him a gutter ball. That was it for them. They picked up everything they had and switched lanes. They obviously have no children. Grumpy old men. I only laugh at this because Braeden thought it was so funny that he did that. He didn't understand what really happened and these guys were just mean old men. I was actually glad they switched lanes. We didn't have to deal with them anymore.
Other than that, it was really fun. The kids had a blast being together and bowling. I love times like this when my kids can be around family.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Had a good time bowling with my cute grandkids, love being with them. I especially like Braedens ball that went in the guys lane next to us. He didn't know how to take a joke. memories!!!!!!

Sassy said...

I LOVE THAT! It serves the old farts right...I can't handle crabby people...but hey who cares...the kids had a great time anyway...that's what matters...and how fun for their grandma...we used to have a blast bowling as well!!!!