Friday, November 2, 2007

DAY 6: TEMPLE AND BEACH (again)

Oct. 19, 2007




Mark and I were lucky to get a chance to go through a seesion at the San Diego Temple. My parents and Kara watched our kids for us. This temple has always been my favorite temple and I am so glad we got to do that. When I was 16, my family went to this temple dedication and I remembered walking through not really understanding what each room was or what people did in there but going through a session made me remember going through it years ago. Mark obviously got a better picture of me in front of the temple. You can barely see him. OOoooops.








After we got back from the temple, my parents were packed and ready to head home. So it was just us, Kara and Cody. So we sat at the beach to hopefully get some sun on our legs. Cody decided he wanted to learn how to surf so Mark tried to teach him. It was fun for Cody but he said after 20 minutes he was done for the day.






More cute pictures!




Ok, so everytime I go to watch Mark surf, I always lose where he is in the water. Every surfer looks the same and it is hard to keep track of him. But I actually got a picture of him. Even though it is at the end of his ride, I got him in the water.



After we got cleaned up after the beach we took my brother and sister to the airport. So Mark and I had the whole condo to ourselves. So Mark invited one of his childhood friend and his wife to come stay with us since we don't get to see them that much. They got there really late Friday night.












DAY 7: HANGING WITH FRIENDS

Oct 20, 2007



I didn't get many pictures that day but I did get a picture of my silly boy. He was playing outside with Elli and he said he saw a bird fly by and hit a window. The bird then hit the ground and he watched it for a while. He said the bird was sitting there so he picked it up to try and help it. Well, he was so sweet but we told him he can get really sick from touching birds and not to do that again. Mark helped him put it on the ground and Braeden watched it for a little bit then it flew away. Pretty crazy.














We walked the pier near our condo at the perfect time. We didn't realize it until we got there, but the sun was setting and we got to watch it go down. It's so cute all the questions little kids ask about things like that. Braeden told us that the sun goes in the water every night. This day was actually our anniversary but we forgot about it all day. But it actually turned out to be a fun relazing day. After walking the pier, we went to Starbucks and got hot chocolate and then put the kids to bed and watched a movie.












DAY 8: THE DRIVE HOME!


Oct 21, 2007





Well, we drove home during the Santa Ana winds. We saw several fires while we were driving and our car was swirving back and forth a lot. The winds were so powerful. It was pretty scary. But we made it home safe and this trip was a much needed vacation and was very fun. It was fun hanging with my family and am so glad we all got together!!

1 comment:

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

Fun for you guys- I am glad you are home safe and sound! What a fun life you guys have!