Wednesday, October 31, 2007

DAY 4: ANOTHER LAZY DAY ON THE BEACH

Oct. 17, 2007


This was the view from our backyard. So beautiful. I didn't get a picture from the balcony in the front, but it was a great view too. It was fun for Mark to see the ocean from the house so he knew whether it was good surfing waves or just a day to play in the sand and water with the kids.




The babies playing on the balcony.


You know... I really love the beach. But it's only fun without kids. They always end up looking like this with sand stuck to their bugers, sand in their food, sand stuck in their bum, endless possibilities of where sand can go. Luckily the condo had a nice shower outside for the kids to clean up in.






Mark and my brothers made this deep hole in the sand and and made a slide for the kids. It was really fun for the kids and a great babysitter for us. Thanks for making that guys!!




This is a video of the kids going down the slide. Quite cute!






Elli at the bottom of the slide!




At the end of the day eating ice cream with Grandpa!






DAY 5: SEA WORLD
Oct. 18, 2007



We woke up this morning not knowing exactly what we were going to do. Mark all of a sudden decided to go to Sea World. Ryan and Melissa and their kids had already gone home and Lisa and Paul were packing up to leave today. So it was just my parents and younger brother and sister Cody and Kara with us. My parents and Cody decided they didn't want to go to Sea World, so they went to the temple. Kara wanted to come with us, so we got ready and headed to Sea World. I knew Braeden would love it there.

















Pretty huge water turtles.





We through this big huge shark tank. They had some pretty interesting looking sharks there.
























These guys were the highlight for all of us. They were so loud and so ready for anyone to feed them. Mark bought some little fish to feed them and when they were trying to feed one, a seagull swooped down and swiped our fish. It was funny. But we enjoyed watching them.




But the real highlightwas SHAMU, of course. This was the very first appearance he made. I got lucky and had my camera ready for that. It was so neat watching this show. I haven't been to Sea World since I was 10 or so.






This is how close we sat to everything. This picture isn't zoomed in or cropped. And the best part was, we didn't get a single drop of water on us. We were very lucky. He's even trying to get us wet. But no luck for him.




This walrus just sat their chewing on something. All I know whatever it was, it looked gross. The kids just sat there trying to figure out what he was doing.




The kids in an ice sculpture thingy.




Looking at the penguins! He was looking for CODY from the Surf's Up Movie!





More penguins!






We went to a nice restaurant that night with all of us by Sea Port Village. I couldn't help but take a picture of this little girl with her hand under her chin being so adorable while she colored.



What a fun day!! I'm glad Mark made the final decision to go.

2 comments:

The Scotts said...

What a fun trip!! I am dying to go to the beach and Sea World. I believe it when you say the beach is funner without kids. We haven't been with our kids yet and it doesn't sound that appealing anymore!!

elizabeth cullimore said...

Hey, we could have met you at Disneyland! Maybe next time- we live about 30 minutes from there! You guys looks so cute!