I have never been able to bring treats for Braeden's birthday ever since Kindergarten. So even though I thought I wouldn't be able to bring some for Elli's bday, I asked her teacher anyway. And she said YES!! So Elli got to pass out cupcakes to her classmates in the morning!
Then I headed back to her school to take her out to lunch. She wanted McDonald's, but we don't have one super close, so I convinced her Sonic was just as good. (I needed to hurry since I had to bring back a lunch for Braeden.) She LOVES corn dogs!!
Caleb enjoying his Strawberry slush (minus the strawberries, they put maybe 2 strawberries in the slush, but it was still good)
Then later in the afternoon, I drove back to her school because she was getting an award for Best Citizenship!
I didn't realize Braeden would be recognized for Math, but he got to stand up and be recognized for that!!
Then after school, Elli got to open her presents. Here's a picture of Braeden taking a picture of Elli opening her camera. Kind of funny!!
She's so corky... She said, "Yeah, I got a box!!"
Elli has ben wanting a CTR ring for a while, so she finally got one.
Then we ate some cake!! She wanted a Rapunzel cake! This was my attempt at a fancy cake!! Elli was so excited when I showed her the finished product!!
I wasn't too excited to cut it and let them eat it. All that hard work of decorating down the drain!! Well, I guess that's what pictures are for!!
Then we headed off to Red Robin for dinner!! We waited for about 20 minutes to get a table and this was just too tempting for the kids. Since I'm a Jew and didn't want to spend $3 to let them have their own turn, they shared a turn and actually switched places during it so they could each get a turn being in front!! WooHoo, Mom is so sweet!!
As soon as we sat down, Elli told me she wasn't feeling good. Then she acted like she was about to throw up, so I took her to the bathroom. When we got in the stall, she burped and said, "I guess all I needed to do was burp, I feel better."
Keeping the little guy entertained until the food came!
But she was still very tired, so laid on my lap until the food came.
She didn't really want to eat this. She wanted to save it and take it home. But she kept asking me when they were going to sing to her.
The fun didn't end at dinner. The next day we we planned on going to see "Yogi Bear" but we got there kind of late and there weren't any good seats, so we decided to go bowling!! I love bowling!!
Braeden did pretty well.
Elli rocked it with her squat and push technique.
Braeden started helping the younger 2 and it was cute seeing him be so big!!
I think Elli had a super fun birthday even without a friend party!! She told me it was her best birthday yet!!
Mission accomplished!!
3 comments:
What a great birthday! I think we are going to switch to the 'every other year' birthday party schedule. It's getting expensive to entertain older kids! :)
We love Red Robin too, that's where we took Hunter on his birthday too! :)
Your kids are getting too big...
Way to go on the cake! Nice job!!
Will you take me to Red Robin and bowling for my birthday??
I just showed Blayke Elli's birthday cake and she said, "I want one, please!!"
Post a Comment