Friday, December 5, 2008

Curly Locks

I was going through my cabinet under my sink in the bathroom last night and I came across these pink sponge rollers that my mom put in my hair almost EVERY night when I was little. I thought it would be fun to put them in Elli's hair, so I did. Elli was SOOOO excited to have curly hair. She knew not to take them out until it was time to get ready for preschool in the morning.


OK, here she is with them in. It's so cute. I have pictures of me with when I was little.


And this is what the result was in the morning. Uncontrollable curls. I couldn't stop laughing. Elli just though she was cute as could be, but she did say to me, "Mom, am I going to have boy hair??" It was too funny.



I had to get Elli off to preschool and had no idea what to do with this head of hair. So this was the only I could think of in my short time. It's funny though, Elli was so excited to have curls. She didn't know how funny the curls came out. I think I will have to get bigger curlers if we decide to do this again!

4 comments:

Mel said...

holy crap, you are a posting maniac!! you even beat me to drake's bday dinner post!
love the curls by the way!

Peterson Family said...

I BEGGED for those every night too! What a cutie! I remember having quite the fro too. :) hehe... I like what you did with it after! Very cute.

The Gardner Gang said...

Instead of spending money on more sponge rollers, maybe try this: Put the curlers in when hair is just DAMP with a touch of pommade (spell?). BUT -- put the curlers in the opposite way. Instead of horizontal, make them vertical. I don't know if it will be any better, but it's worth a try.

Hi Jami! I found you from Shanon's blog.
Carolyn (DeWitt) Gardner

Sassy said...

I curled my girls with these every night as well...and I ♥'d their hair...SHE LOOKS SO CUTE!