Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Favorite Prophet!!


Well, ever since I was 15, Hinckley has been the prophet. What a powerful man he was. I really was too little to pay attention to the previous prophets even though Benson and Hunter were great presidents too. Hinckley has been the one I have listened to and enjoyed for so many years. How lucky we were to have such a spunky, well learned, and spiritual giant for a leader. I will miss his cute humor. I remember going to General Conference in April of 2006 and when he walked out to take his seat, he stopped and raised his cane to wave to everyone. It was the cutest thing. He was so happy to be there and sitting so close to the podium, I could feel such a sweet spirit from him. We all know how much he has impacted our lives and how much he will be missed. How great his reunion was with his loving wife. I wish I could have been there to witness that. But, I received and email with this video and it was an awesome tribute to his life. It was made to celebrate his 96th birthday and will bring tears to your eyes. It is well worth watching and I hope you take the time to watch and share it with others!


1 comment:

amy said...

what a great post, jamie!! i love it. i love the video too! how cool to see all these pictures throughout the years. thanks for doing this.