Monday, August 22, 2011

Dinner!

Braeden's birthday dinner was at Chili's. We met Mark there and I told Braeden we had to wait to open presents with daddy there.... so we opened them while we waited for our food. 


Braeden wanted a few simple things... basically anything that will keep him busy for a while.

Money Origami


This is what he wanted the MOST... Balloon Twisting. Now we have balloons and balloon animals all over our house.


And he lost his other origami book... so he got a new one and he was SOOOO excited about that!!


Caleb wanted his picture taken with his chocolate milk!!


When we got home, we had cake and ice cream!!  This is his "Oreo Cake" Pretty YUM!!


And thanks to his cousin Drake for getting him into the Magic Treehouse Book Series... I ordered some more of those books for his birthday, but they didn't get here in time for his bday. But he is constantly reading books now. Even Elli is into them now. They will walk to bus stop reading books. It's pretty funny! I love that my kids LOVE to read!! We are lucky because neither Mark or I are big readers!! 


But I think he had a great birthday!! Grandma Harper took him shopping and he got what he wanted!! My kids love that tradition that my mom has started!! 

3 comments:

Mel said...

I'm so glad that he likes those books!
Where was the balloon twisting yesterday? That would have been fun to see!

Rachel said...

Did you make that cake Jami? It looks amazing!! And delicious...

amy said...

Happy Birthday to Braeden! Can't believe how much your kids have grown! they are such cuties. Love the oreo cake!!