Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happiness is a JOLLEY REUNION!!!

We went to our yearly Pinetop Reunion the weekend before school started!! It's always nice to go up there and chill in the cool weather!! My parents rented a really nice cabin and we stayed there with my parents, Ryan & Melissa and Cody & Rachel.  Kara and Ryan weren't able to make it since Kara was a Bridesmaid for her friend's wedding!! And Lisa and Paul got a cabin not too far from us.  Good times!

Here's how the kids wanted to keep busy.... until we would kick them outside to go get dirty and play!! Dang ipads and ipods.



But they had fun paying scrabble for a little bit!!


Caleb sporting his Buzz Lightyear underwear!! Sexy thang!!


Rachel brought up her bow & arrow and the kids shot a few rounds.

 
Ryan brought up his guns and the kids spent a lot of time shooting them

 
Cute little blondie! But Caleb will tell you that his hair is yellow.... not blonde!

 
Lazy times!!

Found this little bike in the garage.  Kids had fun riding it down the little hill.




 
Ryan and Melissa got new puppies a week earlier and brought them up. Cutest littlest pups. But my kids wouldn't leave them alone. Elli wanted to keep one... the boy one because the girl one got mad at her one time :)


ANd yes... I was told to take a picture of her doing this.  She had this all planned out. 

 
They were always worn out by bed time! Love these kids!!  

 
They were singing Lion King songs on the swing.

 
At the reunion picnic.  Mark was trying to get Caleb to eat!


 
This little guy can get himself wrapped around any finger with this look!! He knows how to work it!!

 
Miller boys

 
The Harper Clan Boys!

 
These shirts were made in honor of the days when we were little kids. My aunt made reunion shirts just like this when I was a kid and my brother Ryan wanted to bring them back. So we had them made.

The shirts say HAPPINESS IS A JOLLEY REUNION!!
 
Back in the day... my dad, mom and Grandma Luella Mae (Mom's mom) then Ryan, me and Lisa.  Lovin Lisa's hair, my mom's hair and my dad's sideburns!! CLASSIC!!

 
As a tradition... we have to stop at the go carts and do a few rounds of that.  I just posted all the pictures I had because I was the photographer. My mom and I were the only ones who sat out and so I took pictures of everyone.  So now everyone can download if they want... it's easier than emailing!!































This was Drake's first year being tall enough to drive by himself.  He got a littl confused and then stuck.  I love the look on the workers face... "Where in the heck are you going dude??"























And this is where we found Ryan that night.... sewing some oven thingy. I'll have to look at the final product to understand what this is and what it is supposed to look like.  But I love how he posed for this picture.

 
And then he's sticking his tongue out for real concentration. Nice Ryan!!

 
We were all sad to leave. The weather was so nice up there and we enjoyed being together!! Definitely a grand ole time!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks for posting all of these! I'll be back to copy some!
Ry is such a dork posing! I'm just glad he knows how to sew so I didn't have to learn to make his wonder oven!

Rachel said...

Thanks for the pictures! I knew other people had some more of Cody and me. :D I love how you posted the old picture of the reunion shirts. It's great!