Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Eve Eve Eve Eve Eve

Did Christmas really come and go already???  Dang, I feel ripped off.  I feel like the Christmas season gets shorter and shorter as I get older.  So not fair.  I love the feeling that only Christmas can bring.  (I feel like a Hallmark card saying that)  But honestly, Christmas time is my favorite!!  I love the cold nights, the hot chocolate Mark makes for all of us, the kids being sweeter to each other because I threaten I will call Santa, shopping for the kids, the Christmas cartoons and movies (especially The Christmas Story), the family and friend parties and the cards we get in the mail from friends and family.  It is all such a fun time of the year!!

We had our annual Harper Christmas party the Sunday before Christmas.  We had a fabulous time being together.  My parents do such a great job putting the party together.  There is always yummy food and the grandkids LOVE being loud together!

Here they are making some ornaments.  Cody & Rachel were so sweet to head up that committee!



Elli Mae and Blayke




Cole and Crew (who is in the background)



Clay concentrating on writing his name on his ornament, Brock waiting patiently for the pen.



Cody showing off his bouncing moves on the trampoline.  What a stud.



Tyke is always smiling when he knows there is a camera around.  And not just a smile, it is a HUGE, CHEESY smile!!  Oh, he is edible.



Cole and Cade finishing the last minute touch-ups on the ornaments.



We keep these girls around as the clean-up crew.  Lisa has always been the one to wash the dishes.  Her husband Paul is always helping her too.  They kick anyone away from the sink when it comes time to clean up.  They won't let anyone touch a dish.  It's kind of nice.  And Melissa is really good at wiping the counters!!



The guys chit chatting while Kara smiles for the camera.... typical.




Mark entertaining with a little Christmas music!!



Caleb not too sure yet what is going on.  He had just woken up from a nap and wasn't quite awake yet.



Cole played Jingle Bells for us..... such a violin master!!



Caleb woke up soon enough though with Tyke around.  Tyke is only 3 months older than Caleb, but Tyke is the size of a 4 year old.  He is a tank.  He doesn't realize his own strength when it comes to playing with Caleb.  Just wait Tyke...... Caleb's Baker genes will someday pounce on those Hunt genes of yours!!  :)



Oooohhhh, the classic Nativity Scene.  Look at those cute animals.  It's always fun watching these little guys acting this out.



Look at the innocence on that face.  How could this boy ever get in trouble looking like that??



G & G Harper always get everyone an ornament for the Christmas Eve party.  Here's Elli's Belle ornament.



Blayke and Elli showing theirs off.



Caleb got a Mickey Mouse one.  He wasn't a fan of facing the ornament towards me to get a picture of it.



Braeden got Scooby Doo rocking out on a guitar since Braeden is our little Rock Star!!



Then Santa decided to surprise us.  Elli has been wanting a Swim To Me Puppy since June.  I have been putting it off thinking it was a weird toy and she would forget about it.  Nope, she didn't.... thanks to the commercial that has been advertising since then.  That's all she ever told me she wanted for Christmas this year.  So that is what she told Santa she wanted.  I thought "Great, I think Santa has something else in mind for her, I just might have to venture out and get her that toy myself since that is all she wanted."  Thanks to that fantastic commercial.



Braeden asked for a Pocket Rocket, but thanks to Santa, he didn't get it.  I'm pretty sure Santa knew that would be a dangerous toy for Braeden.  And that his mom wasn't too excited for a toy like that for Braeden.



Caleb didn't know who this man in red was.  He wanted off!!




When Santa left, the kids ran to the front door to watch Santa fly away.



But some of the adults heard Santa in the backyard, so the kids ran to the back door.



He wasn't back there, so they ran to the front again, but no one could see him.  Santa is just too fast.
(I was outside and said, "Ho Ho Ho" in my deep voice and heard Cade say, "I just heard Santa, but where is he?"  I love that they still believe.)




And that ended our Christmas Eve Eve Eve Eve Eve Party.  What a fun time we had.  Now I have to wait 11 more months for the Christmas season again!!  I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

What a great post! I'm going to have to steal some of these pics for next years calendar!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Like all the pictures on your blog. The header image of your blog is amazing. Happy Living. Ihampers.co.uk