Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Big Day!!

Christmas morning started at 7:30.... yes, 7:30 in the morning. Kids slept in.  7:30 is sleeping in at our house.  I got more video of the kids opening presents than I did pictures.  But what I got was perfect.  We had a fabulous Christmas morning.  Despite the stresses of life and Mark getting laid off during the Christmas season, we were very blessed.  Thanks to Black Friday, we survived this Christmas season!!  (Black Friday is whole other story in itself)




My kids were not very greedy this year.  Braeden really didn't have any big items on his list.  Santa had a hard time finding something to get him.  But he managed to find something.   He just wanted a few things.  Caleb had fun just trying to figure out what the heck was going on.  He found out soon enough that when you rip the paper off, there is a toy inside.



All Elli asked for was a Swim to Me Puppy that she had been wanting since August.  But I assumed she would forget about it, but NO, she didn't.  That's all she wanted.  Braeden wanted to get it for her and he was excited to see her face when she opened it.  We got it on video and it is so CUTE!!



Braeden's into making weird faces.  He really wanted Bakugan and was very excited to get them.



He loved his new football and lunch bag.  If you're a Baker, you need anything USC!!



Caleb taking a break!!  It's exhausting opening presents.



Enjoying his train!!





Then the whole gang came over.  All 12 grandkids running around trying to get their presents.  PURE CRAZINESS!!  But so worth it!



Tyke is still picking on Caleb.  Just wait Tyke.... Caleb is going to outgrow you someday!!  (Anyone who knows the Hunts, knows they will always outgrow our Baker genes)



My mom was SOOOOO sweet this year.  She canned 36 jars of meat for all of her kids' families.  We got beef chunks, ground beef, chicken and even beans.  I am so excited to have this!!  Thanks again Mom!!



Elli giving Blayke her present.





This is what Blayke gave Elli.  But what happened next was the BEST!!



She gave Blayke the biggest hug for her present!!  SOOOO CUTE!!



Braeden had opened all his clothes first.  Other kids were getting toys and all he thought he was getting was clothes.  Can you tell he was bummed??



And then he opened this cool remote control car that follows a laser and goes up the walls.  Pretty cool!!



Cody, Ryan & Kara



Caleb kept throwing paper on Kara and Ryan.



Caleb still throwing paper.... oh wait, is that Kara posing??








I'm sad we have to wait a whole nother year for the Christmas season again.  What is it about that time of year that makes everything so happy.  That feeling that you can only get during the Holidays.  I miss it.  And when it's here, it goes too fast.  But we are so very blessed to be together as a family and I really enjoyed all the family time we had with both sides.

I'm excited for 2010!  So many great things to come!!

Bring it on!!

No comments: