Mark hasn't been feeling well for a while now. His diverticulitis acted up about a month ago. So he got some antibiotics to fix it. Well, that didn't work, so the doctor gave him another round of antibiotics. That stuff wasn't working either. So the doctor prescribed another round of antibiotics. I know, I was so bugged by how much he was taking. But finally Mark told the doctor he wanted a CT Scan and insisted he get one right away. After the results came back, they sent him to the hospital immediately. I guess the scan showed fluid in his colon which meant there was a blockage and he needed to be on IV antibiotics. If that didn't work, he would need surgery to remove part of his colon. But luckily that hasn't been needed yet. So Mark spent about 6 days in the hospital. For the majority of that time, he was on a liquid diet, which made it hard. But I took the kids everyday to visit him and then sometimes I would go back by myself to see him. I just missed him too much. And I know he was miserable being there.
Mark's birthday was this past Monday and we were hoping he would come home on Sunday. But that didn't happen. But the doctor did give Mark the OK to start eating real food. So Monday morning, on Mark's birthday, the kids and I took Mark some breakfast from Crackers. He got to eat eggs and french toast. He was so excited for me to come with FOOD!! Then the doctor told him if he kept 2 meals down, he could come home. And he did, so my Mark got to come home on his birthday!! The kids were so excited to have him home!
My whole family decided to go to dinner on Saturday night to Cheesecake Factory. I was really torn because Mark was in the hospital only on liquids, but I wanted to go with my family to dinner. Mark told me to go and to not feel bad. So I took Braeden as my date. Everyone had a date and I needed one too. Before we went to dinner, we visited Mark in the hospital. Braeden was so excited to go on a date with me and I told him we should trick Dad and tell him that I have a new love in my life. Braeden got this huge smile on his face and was so into that idea. But Braeden was being so cute there and was talking like such a big boy. Mark and I enjoyed listening to Braeden's cute voice and ideas. I also told Braeden that whenever Dad and I go on dates, we hold hands. So I got to hold his hand. What a lucky mom I am!! Thanks Braeden for being such a great date!!
We were driving around in Mark's car while he was in the hospital. The second we got in his car, Braeden said, "Dad needs to get a car wash because he doesn't like a dirty car. Maybe we should wash it for him!" Then I said, "We should wash it for his birthday." The kids thought that was a great idea. Braeden couldn't wait to wash it. I thought about just taking it to the car wash, but I thought it would be more fun for the kids to actually wash it themselves. It was as fun as it could be washing a car in 100 degree weather. But the kids had a blast. Braeden suggested that he and I should go into the car washing business and charge $20 for each car.....so if you want your car washed, Braeden & I will do it for $20!! Any takers?? But Monday we were washing his car and while we were finishing up, Mark called and told me to come pick him up. We finished just in time. The kids were so excited to show Mark his clean car. It was cute!
Caleb being a trooper in his stroller watching us wash the car. The balloon he is playing with was a balloon we got for Mark when we took him breakfast. But Caleb loves balloons and didn't want to give it up, so he held on tight to it and wouldn't let it go. CUTE KID!!
We are glad Mark is home and is feeling better than he did before he went into the hospital. But he still isn't completely better. We're hoping it heals well and he can be completely pain free. Thanks to everyone who has kept him in your prayers. We have felt them.
2 comments:
Ugh...I just want this to be over for you guys! It is so miserable to watch them suffer. But he has one supportive family! We love you, and I know you guys will get through this eventually.
Wow! I'm so sorry to hear about your crazy hospital adventure with Mark. I'm glad he's home and better. How scary for a little while there! You just never know!
Post a Comment