Friday, June 19, 2009

Crap Happens!

We were having a great day this past Wednesday. I was at my sister's house watching her kids. Everyone was happy and having fun!! Then as soon as we got in the car to go home, Elli tells me her throat was hurting. I asked her if it hurt to swallow and she said yes, so I was bummed that I was going to have a sick child the next day with a sore throat and everything else that comes with that. But we were literally 3 minutes from home when all of a sudden, Elli threw up everything she had eaten since lunch. There was a lot of stuff coming from her mouth. Luckily I had some towels in my car and I pulled over and wiped her mouth and told her to throw up in the towel if she needed to throw up more. (And she did...)

So I get home and all of a sudden , I had 20 different things to take care of. Caleb wanted to get out of the hot car so he was crying, Elli was needing to throw up more but I had to take her clothes off first because they were covered in throw up, I needed to clean up the car, Caleb was still hot and irritated that I was ignoring him, so I take him out and let him crawl around, Elli needed help in the bathroom, come back and Caleb had all my kid cups on the floor, I clean that up really fast, I run outside to start cleaning the car, I stir the beans on the stove so they don't burn, check on Elli and this is what I find....

She didn't respond to me when I called her name, so I look at her face and this is what I see.....

Ooooohhhh, she fell asleep. I hurry to grab my camera, and take a picture, Caleb is destroying something else, I pick it up, stir the beans again, go outside and finish cleaning, decide I should probably put Elli in her bed, pick her up and she has wet underwear from the throw up, so I decide to give her a bath, after I put her in her towel, the doorbell rings, I answer it, go back to her room to help her put her jammies on, and this is what I find....

She was sound asleep again. Poor girl, she was so tired. So I leave her like that for a little bit and get Caleb from destroying anything else and making more messes. Finish making dinner, feed Braeden, Mark comes home and fed Caleb, go back to Elli's room and put her jammies on this time, put a blanket on her.

I looked at time when all this was finished and that all took place within an hour. What happened to my perfect day? I don't know, but turns out that Elli had eaten way more sugar than she needed. She kept inhaling the sugar and finally it came right back up.

Later, I was still awake at midnight and Elli had woke up and came to hang out with me for a little bit. She was wide awake and not sick at all. Just a sugar overload. So grateful that was all it was. But it was fun having a little buddy with me when I was on the computer playing with photoshop.

But, in all my 7 seven years of being a mom, I have never had to clean throw up in my car. Definitely not fun since it still kind of smells like throw up. But oh well, CRAP HAPPENS!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Nothing worse then throw up in the car. I've had to clean that up twice in my car and they always seem to get in places that are hard to get to ;-) I've had to use qtips to get it out of those crevises!! (sp?)

Lisa said...

Oh Jami....and you did it all with that award winning smile that you have... I'm sure! Sorry about that! That would have been a perfect episode for a reality show!

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

After I read this post (so sad! but cute) I read all the quotes on the side and I had the biggest smile on my face!