We made a trip to California right when school ended. Actually, Braeden missed the last day of school. We had a blast. Well, I did. Mark wasn't feeling well (read post below) but he was such a great sport about it. He wasn't excited to go to Disneyland at all. He felt tired and couldn't be in the sun for very long because of the medication. But he didn't complain. He knew I was really excited to go, so he came anyways.
We kept this part of California a secret from the kids for 2 reasons. First, we wouldn't hear the end of it from them. We would get so many questions and "Are we there yet?" Second, we were excited to see their faces when we told them. So we drove up Wednesday night and got to a hotel by Disneyland while the kids were still sleeping. They woke up when we got there and we told them we got tired of driving so we got a hotel. (We wanted them to sleep instead of being excited all night.) Then when we woke up, we told them we were going to eat at IHOP and they were so excited. Then Braeden noticed a couple Disneyland rides and begged us to just go in the parking lot to look at the rides. We said we would do that for him and he got excited. Then right before we were done eating, we told them the news and Braeden and Elli got way excited and couldn't wait!!
Elli and I went on the Winnie the Pooh ride while Mark and Braeden went on Splash Mountain. It was really nice having a baby because one of us would stand in line while the other waited out and then we got passes to go to the Fast Pass line. And Winnie the Pooh never has a wait, so we got to go on that ride many times.
Elli and I on Splash Mountain. She had no idea what to expect, so she held on the WHOLE TIME like that. It was great that both Elli and Braeden were tall enough to go on all the rides. Elli BARELY made the height requirement, but I got shoes that made her look taller.
Tarzan's Treehouse
Mark waiting for us outside the treehouse.
Pirates of the Caribbean. Obviously Elli looks a little scary. The lady in front of us took the picture and couldn't see a thing when taking it, so she cut out Braeden on accident. The people behind us weren't too happy about the extremely bright flash. Oh well.
Waiting in line for Thunder Mountain.
Elli was mad at me for something and that's why she isn't in this picture. She wishes she was now... It's the Princess Castle. She still believes that this is Princess' home and they sleep there. She gets a huge smile when hears that.
In line for Buzz Lightyear.
I went first on this ride with the kids while Mark sat out. Halfway through the line I realized that there were only 2 seats in a row on Space Mountain. This was the first time both of them have been on this ride and I couldn't figure out who would sit where. So I decided it was better that they sit together and not be alone. They seemed pretty excited to go on this ride, but I could tell they were a little nervous. I prayed they would be fine and that Elli wouldn't fall out of her seat. But I saw the way she was holding on and I knew she was good. She had one arm over and one arm below the bar. She wasn't letting go. They had fun, but Braeden didn't want to go again. Elli actually decided she didn't want to go, but it was too late and Mark made her. Just like my dad did for me when I was little. He always forced me to go with him.
This was Caleb's first experience with eating a sucker. He absolutely LOVED IT!
I think he enjoyed it a little too much.
But he did end up throwing it on the ground like everything else he has in his hands. So he put a straw in his mouth. I love when he does this.
It's A Small World.
Elli was the only one brave enough to go with me on the Tea Cups. We had so much fun!
Then Braeden decided he wanted to join us, so we stood in line again!! The lines were great that day. There was a ton of people there at Disneyland, but the lines were super short. Perfect day for Disneyland. The weather was perfect too.
In line AGAIN at Winnie The Pooh!!
I love Disneyland. Mark doesn't understand my love for it. He thinks it is weird that I want to be there an hour before it opens so we are there when the gates opens to the second it closes. But since Mark wasn't feeling the greatest that day, I let it sleigh and we left 2 hours early. But we had a great time. Can't wait to go again!!
2 comments:
Hey Jami! your kids are so dang cute! We miss having you guys out here! Us girls need to get together again soon! I'll see what I can round up in the next little while! I'm glad Mark is doing better! speaking of Mark... Caleb is looking just like him as he gets older! so cute! talk to you soon!
You are BRAVE for going on the tea cups. BARF! I hate those things. I don't know how people go on those and not get sick! What a fun Disneyland trip! Poor Mark! I can't only imagine how ironic it was for him to be at the happiest place on earth while feeling like crap! :(
I can't wait to take Kylee there someday. Hopefully in November we'll be going. I hear that's the best month to go.
Post a Comment