My sister in law, Camille, and I attempted to keep the kids busy during Spring Break and go to the Phoenix Zoo. We got there about 11 and the parking lot was ridiculous. I had to park in a parking I didn't even know existed that was kind far, but walking distance wasn't bad. The line to even get tickets was over the bridge and it was a hot day and I wasn't in the mood to deal with ALL those people. It was pathetic how many people were there.
So we decided that since we had lunches packed, we would drive to the McCormick Train Park in Scottsdale and eat our lunch there. It was busy there too. But we got our lunches ate and we headed to the little playground they had.
The kids of course had to go on the carousel. I was just gonna get Caleb buckled in and have Braeden hold him, but the girl started the ride before I could get off. So I had to stick it out for the whole ride. Almost made me sick. I'm not sure why I ever loved that ride as a kid.
Then we got in line for the train ride. I was standing in line with everyone and all of a sudden, Caleb disappeared. (Which isn't unusual) So I look around and kind of got nervous because I couldn't find him. Then all of a sudden, I see him on the train already. He had gone through the exit and when the people before us were getting off, he hopped on. So he was the first to board the train. Such a Caleb thing to do.
But our adventures didn't end there. We decided to hurry and run to the Dollar Theatre and see TANGLED. Well, that was a super busy place too. The theatre not playing in 3D was sold out, so we had to see the 3D showing and we had to sit in the front row. I had only seen Tangled twice and each time we had to see it in 3D and in the front row because it was so crowded. Annoying!! But Braeden and Bradley went to see Gulliver's Travels. Then after the movies, we went to get yogurt.
Braeden was pretty bummed about not going to the Zoo, but I promised him I would let him miss school on Monday and I would take them to the zoo that day. It was supposed to cool down over the weekend and not be as hot. He was stoked about that idea..... MISSING SCHOOL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment