Wednesday, June 9, 2010

California

We have had kind of a crazy month.  Mark was diagnosed about 6 years ago with Diverticulitis and just the past year and a half, he has had about 8-10 attacks. He was hospitalized for a couple of them.  And after each attack, he would say, "Well, if it happens again, I'll get surgery." He finally decided he should get the surgery.  Two weeks before his surgery date, he lost his job.  Which we have decided was such a blessing. So we decided to drive to California and hang with his family and relax and have nothing to do before his surgery.

We didn't tell Mark's mom we were driving out and we totally surprised her.  When we got there, we had Braeden go in the house and just stand behind her.  When she turned around, she screamed and was so excited to have us there.  Braeden loved doing that.

USC Trojan Huddle

It just so happen to be the weekend of the USC Trojan Huddle (which basically is a scrimmage game) So we packed up the kids and went to the game. Braeden & his cousin Austin had fun together.


They had some jumping houses and things for the kids and Caleb had the time of his life.  All I did was follow him around while he went from each different thing. He forgot I was even there.



This was by far his favorite thing to do. 

He would throw the football.  It was the cutest thing watching him throw the ball that was about the size of him.









We went to Uncle Brett and Aunt Kristi's house and played with some of their toys.


Elli and Nicholas





Sunday with the family

We will be arranging Caleb's marriage.  This is McKenna who is one of Mark's best friend's daughter. They are about 6 months apart. She is the cutest thing ever. 




Elli had fun with her too! Look at McKenna's cheeks.... so cute!!


My sweet, crazy Caleb loved Reggie's dog water.  We found him many times like this. GROSS!



The ice scream was scarce so Stacy got out the whip cream and let the kids have at it.  They enjoyed it!!


My innocent little guy!!  He is a sweet boy underneath all his mischievous deeds.



Elli posing...... Surprise, surprise!!


Caleb loved playing with Reggie.  I don't think there isn't a kid that doesn't love playing with him.  He is such a great dog.


I love their faces in this.


Playing at the Park

Simi Valley has a fun park that we love taking the kids to.  The kids loved feeding the ducks.






There's a little stream that had some fish in it.  Well, Mark was determined to catch one...... without a fishing line.





And believe it or not, he actually caught the fish!!  And right when I took the picture too.


PROOF


Caleb's cute little face and Elli thinking how cute it is.


Then we headed to the playground.



My favorite is the girl who is holding the red ball.  Her face is classic.




The Beach

We went to the beach on an overcast day. But it was still fun. Caleb wasn't very talkative this day.  He was very quiet and did his own thing.


I love this picture.  Such buddies.


This picture is pretty amazing too.  Isn't she just adorable??



Had to find a shell for her collection.




Poor guy, he was gone the day I was doing haircuts.  So he didn't get one.  But he's still cute!!


Not sure why, but he kept trying to eat sand.





The next day, we were trying to pack up and Caleb was everywhere so Grandma took him and read him a book.  It had been a while and it was very quiet, so I went looking for them.  She made Caleb fall asleep.  So cute!!


Hmmmmm, what's this......

So right before we left Grandma's house to go stay at Mark's brother's house, the kids went swimming. Caleb had taken off his diaper and when Mark picked him up and I noticed poop on Mark's arm.  He had no idea Caleb had poop on him. Well Caleb had taken a squat and pooped on the cement.  Mark noticed him squatting in the corner for a while but had no idea what he was doing there. What was he thinking??




It took some courage for the kids to go down the slide.




Whenever they get cold, the kids lay on the ground to warm up.  They were all laying in a row and I had to get a picture of my naked baby!!!


We stayed at Kirk and Stacy's but for some reason I got no pictures there.  Oh well.  But we had such a fun and relaxing time.  I'm glad we went.

On the way home, we stopped and ate at Bob's Big Boy.  I haven't eaten there since I was a little girl.  I loved their hamburgers.  But they have changed since then, not a big fan anymore. 

1 comment:

Stefany Pew said...

How did Caleb become such a little "toe-head"?? I love his bleach blonde hair!!! I still remember his dark curls and holding him during Gospel Principles while Mark taught the lesson. I couldn't get enough of that baby!!! We are going to California next month and we can't wait. Looking at your pictures makes me want to be there NOW!