Friday, June 11, 2010

Hummingbirds

There just happen to be a hummingbird nest in our tree in the backyard.  It was in an odd spot.  I would think the Mom would build the nest on a more hidden branch, but she built it on a branch that is very noticeable. 

If Caleb was in a sad mood, we would ask him where the birdies were and he would stop and say, "I dunno, where'd they go?" It always put him in a happy mood.


But my kids loved going out everyday to see if the Mom was still sitting on the eggs or if they had hatched yet.  But here they are about a week old.  They were tiny when they first hatched and their beaks barely stuck out of the nest, but I can't find the pictures I took of them at the time. 

My favorite is the poop all over the leaves. Makes such a pretty picture.



This was just a couple days before they flew away.  I miss them now because Caleb doesn't have them to cheer him up. But oh well....

No comments: