Saturday, April 10, 2010

Winning Worker Award

Braeden has gotten so much better at school.  He always has a hard time in the beginning of the year with talking and be a little out of control, but he has consistently been getting GREEN lights now instead of yellow or red.  But one thing about Braeden that he has always done in school is he gets his work done fast.  In his first Kindergarten class, his teacher said he was finished with his assignment before any other student could start working on it.  He has always been fast and just "gets" what he is taught.  

(Where's Waldo??)


So a couple Fridays ago, Braeden was rewarded with the Winning Worker Award. I was so stinkin' proud of this kid.  He made sure I was there to see him get his reward.  


They gave the parents a chance to go and take a picture of their kids and Braeden seriously sat like that and smiled with his certificate in that same position until they were told to go sit back down.  I'm pretty sure Braeden was excited to be up there.  


Caleb (on the other hand) was not too happy to be there.  He was good for about 10 minutes watching people, then it got real old, real fast for him.  He wanted out of that stroller.




He was begging me to get him out of that thing.  



I did get him to laugh and be happy by telling him to touch the camera and then tickling him when he touched it.  That trick always works for him!!


But he was done!!  He played some games until we got in the car.  Thank goodness for the technology we have these days!!!


I also need to note that after Braeden got his award, I was trying to say bye to him so I could leave and take Elli to school since she was already 15 minutes, but Braeden kept trying to tell me something while he was still sitting with his class.  So I decided to stay and I'm glad I did.  Braeden surprised me because his name was called again for being great in math.  They were tested for math and Braeden passed with flying colors, so they announced his name and he got to stand up.  I love seeing his face when he knows he accomplished something and he gets acknowledgement from it.  He has an amazing smile!!  So stinkin' proud of that kid!!!

(PS. I would like to note that is was Hawaiian Day at his school that day and Braeden, of course, wanted to wear his swim suit.  He was wearing a lei too, but took it off for the ceremony.)

1 comment:

Mel said...

Way to go Braeden!
You can see how proud Elli is of her big brother in that last pic!