Thursday, April 8, 2010

Valentine's Day

(I noticed this was a draft and was never posted...  thought I should probably post it now since Easter is already over too.)

I have always loved Valentine's Day.  Even back in Junior High and High School when I didn't have a boyfriend, Valentine's Day was fun...because it's my birthday!!  I had a reason to celebrate despite the lack of "boys" in my life.  

Now Mark thinks it's the worst day of the whole year..... he has to make up for Valentine's & my birthday!!  :)  I personally think he's got it made.  He gets away with both of those in 1 day.  But he does a great job making me feel like it's a Special Day.  Since Valentine's was on a Sunday, Mark planned a little something on Saturday.  I woke up to the kids asking me to make them something for breakfast at 7:30 AM.  But I am such a mean mom because I fell back to sleep.  Then about 8:30, Mark said, "Go get dressed, we're going to breakfast at Crackers."  (That's my favorite breakfast place!) Braeden loves the french toast there.  So do I.... I inhaled breakfast.   





Mark got me a new pair of jeans, but he wanted me to look at the other ones they had, so we went to the mall.  In the car, the kids were just being silly.  I was asking them questions about each other and it ended up like this.... me asking Caleb were his nose was.  That's what he did to show me.


This is the 2nd year my parents have done this for the kids.  My mom makes sugar cookies for all her grandkids on Valentine's Day and leaves them on the doorstep and runs.  They love it.  Elli got too excited and dropped her cookie on the ground.  Sweet Braeden blew off the dirt for her.  But she didn't want to eat it.  So grandma let her decorate another one for her.  

Caleb was too busy eating his cookie to take a picture.



I've never been a cake lover, I'll still eat it, but it's not favorite.  So Mark made me Creme Brülée and stuck 3 candles in it for 30.  Oooooh, it was sooooo good!!  I tell ya, I have the best husband!!


Well, with the exception of this.....
 Mark looks good in a goatee.  He looks so handsome standing there.  I actually got him to smile normal.  Sometimes he'll make a funny face for pictures, but he looks good here.  


He was so kind to shave, but left the handlebars....... for my birthday.  What a great ending to my birthday. (Insert sarcasm)  He thinks it is so funny to do this.  This isn't his first time either.  I didn't get a picture, but he did shave the handlebars this morning and left just the mustache.  I think that's even uglier!


I had a great 30th birthday!!!  Feels weird turning 30.  Isn't that REALLY OLD????  Geez, time flies!  

No comments: