Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring Break - Rocky Point

We made a last minute trip to Rocky Point for Spring Break.  My parents were going there to stay at my Aunt and Uncles house they have on the beach.  And we kind of invited ourselves.  I wasn't sure if I really wanted to go because Mark had to stay back and work so I would have all my kids myself.  But I thought to myself..... my kids will either drive me crazy at home or at the beach.... so I decided the beach would be nicer to be driven crazy at than home.  



I couldn't get enough of Caleb's little feet at the beach.  He was IN HEAVEN there.


He literally didn't stop moving ALL DAY.  Constantly running around trying to figure out what this whole beach thing was.  I'm not a beach lover with little kids.  They just eat the sand and get it everywhere.  But it was a ton of fun with Caleb. He was actually easy to put to bed since he was so tired from being on the beach all day!


Our cousin Kenna


He just kept going and going and going.....


Elli had so much fun there too.  Check out those cute little Caleb footprints to the right of her.  


These kids were each other's buddies this whole trip.  Braeden and Elli were like 2 peas in a pod.  They were inseparable.   



We missed our dad A LOT!!!  We couldn't talk to him at all.  We texted a lot and that was nice!!


From one place to another, only wanting his mom when he needed a drink or food!!!



The kids just thought this was the coolest thing... being able to ride on this boat!!


On the car ride to town, the kids were just being so silly and LOUD!!!  So we played the quiet game.  And whoever didn't say a word got their own soda!!  It worked like a charm.  They were quiet (er) after we told them that!!


Since the house is in such a nice area, you can't even tell you're in Mexico when you stay there.  Braeden said he wanted to live there.  I told him, "Well, when we get to town, you won't want to live here."  After we drove by the school and really saw what Mexico was about, Braeden said he likes where he lives.  

We went shopping for a little bit and Braeden thought this mask was funny (he loves Nacho Libre) so he wanted a picture with it.


Caleb had a thing for these birds.  He loved trying to catch them.


Caleb and I were walking around and all of a sudden, he dropped to ground in this position.  I think he knew I wanted a picture of him.... my little GQ man!



This was the day that Diary Of A Wimpy Kid came out in the theaters.  Braeden was SOOOOO excited to see since he has read all the books about 3 times each.  I told him we would be able to see it tomorrow since we would be going home and he was sooo anxious to watch it.  So he drew this in the sand!!  


My dad was searching for crab or something and brought out the real shovel.  The kids gathered around him and tried to help out.  But it turned into the kids thinking they were going to "Stop the Tide"  So they built a wall and tried to stop the tide from coming in.  It was funny watching the kids as the tide quickly destroyed their wall.





This is a funny picture because this is Caleb "talking" to my dad in only the language Caleb understands.  He was pointing at the shovel and trying to convince my dad that he should take the shovel and play with it!  I guess you had to be there!!  :)  


My sweet little Elli showing off her shell collection.  Her and Kenna had fun collecting them.  They found some pretty cool looking ones!!

We had sooooo much fun!!  It was a fast trip and the only thing missing was Mark.  We need to go back with him soon!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Looks like a Fun, FANTASTIC, kind of relaxing trip! ;-)

Lisa said...

Great pictures.....the private beach is so great! And BIG congrats to Braeden on his awards!!