Thursday, April 8, 2010

What Do YOU Know About Penguins???

Braeden seems to know an awful lot about penguins, given that all the 1st graders spent about 2 months learning about them.  Braeden came home many days asking me if I knew this and that about penguins and if I knew which penguin was the same height as him.  So funny!!



Since they did spend so much time, they had a Penguin Night to where the parents were able to see everything the kids made and also play some games that the kids made.  Braeden was so excited for this night.  I think Elli got a little into to it too.  She gets excited about anything Braeden is excited about.  She is definitely a fun little sister.  But Braeden had fun showing us everything he did. The penguin right above him is the penguin his group made.  He was so proud of that penguin because his group was the only group to make their penguin EXACTLY like the real one.  Braeden made sure his group made it the exact size and everything.  

So proud of this little boy.  Once you get him going on something, he never stops wanting to learn about it.  Such enthusiasm to learn (about certain things, of course!!)

2 comments:

Mel said...

Ha! They must be on the same program...Drake just got finished learning all about penguins...now their onto desert animals! Amazing how much I'm learning from a 1st grader, who would've thunk?!

Lisa said...

This is my favorite age! Love them....I was reading your "isms" on the side from the kids cause I haven't for awhile....so cute and a great idea cause you forget the cute things they say even though you think you won't!