We had a very fun Halloween. We have a Super Mario Bro., Minnie Mouse & Mickey Mouse. Elli was so excited to be Minnie with Caleb being Mickey.
Caleb was almost impossible to get a picture of. I didn't even try to put on his ears. But he looks so cute in them.
She carried around her Minnie Mouse doll everywhere she went weeks before Halloween. Even trick-or-treating.
These are our friends the Klepingers. Pres. Klepinger was Mark's bishop in California before he went on his mission. Now he is in our Stake Presidency and Leann is in the Relief Society Presidency with my mom. I love these guys. I couldn't stop laughing though when I took this picture. Actually this was Take #2. When I first started counting "1...2...3" they both put their arm and leg out like this. So the first picture was blurry from me laughing so hard. Too cute. They always have fun costumes every year!!

We had a scary moment at the ward party. Mark was taking care of Caleb the whole time so he handed him off to me. I knew he was standing by me and I got a little distracted and then noticed he wasn't by me anymore. I told Mark we lost him and we split up and started looking for him. It seemed like 15 minutes we were looking for him. My sister Kara was there and noticed a man carrying him towards us and got him. I guess he was heading for a busy road. AAAaaaaahhhh, I was so mad a t myself. I should have known that what Caleb would do.... he never stays next to me if I'm not holding his hand.
After the ward party, we headed on over to our cousin's house to go trick-or-treating with them. The dads stayed back at the house to "pass out candy" and watch the USC game.... which ended up turning into the "lights off" and NOT passing out candy. But here's the gang....
There was a little incident that happened during our trick-or-treating adventure. Caleb wasn't strapped in the stroller so he could go trick-or-treating. As I was pushing him, I noticed that the stroller wouldn't move and it got stuck, but I kept on trying to push it. I then looked down and noticed my little Mickey on the ground. I was pushing him along the road. He didn't cry much at first, but then cried a lot when I picked him up. I felt so bad. Here's the damage....
(I know you're beginning to wonder if I'm a suitable Mom. I am too after that night.)
After caleb fell out, we took him back to the house and laid him down to go to bed. Then we left to go to Holly's brother's house in Queen Creek. (Holly's my SIL) Her brother's family puts on a HUGE Haunted House every year. We didn't know what we were going out to see, but it was about 8:00 when we got there. I thought maybe the crowd would have died down a bit... but NO, it was a HUGE LINE!!! I guess the news channel came out and it was on the news. There were a ton of people. But we got right in (thanks to Holly's brother) From the beginning, I knew Braeden wouldn't go. Ever since he was 3, he hasn't been a big fan of scary things. I don't know what changed it for him, but he used to like things like that. I thought Elli for sure would come with me inside, but the music was really loud and she chickened out. So I went with Holly and her 2 kids. I could tell Braeden wanted to go but wasn't sure about it. He asked me A MILLION questions about it after. It was actually a really good haunted house. We want to go again next year!!
Elli put glow bracelets on her shoes and she was pretty proud of that. She showing it off.
5 comments:
Just wanted to let you know that CPS is on their way...you unfit mother you! ;-)
Guess we need to drive to that side town, trick or treating is hit and miss over here!
Ouch! Poor Caleb's face! That looks horrible! Glad he was ok. And yes, you are a suitable mother! Hahaha
Oh! How sad for little Caleb. I am pretty sure we are all unfit moms at some point. Your kids looked so cute all dressed up!! (even with a little road rash :-/)
Poor little Mickey. You're a great Mom lady- no matter what CPS says... ha ha ha
LOL! You are a great Mom, this makes me feel better to know I am not alone! Cute kiddos!
Post a Comment