Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Funny (and LONG) Story

(I am not sure how to make a long story short, so this is a long story...)

On Saturday, Mark and Braeden went to the USC vs ASU football game at ASU. My sister in law Holly couldn't find a sitter so I offered to watch her kids too. I had a total of 5 kids which wasn't that bad. Things were going good. They played outside, we ate dinner and watched movies. At 6:00, I put Holly's baby down for the night. Then at 7:00, I put Caleb down. Then the other 3 stayed up and watched movies. Then about 9, I decided it was time to really stop being loud and crazy and try to get them to fall asleep. I sent Logan upstairs and he seemed fine with that because he went straight upstairs and fell asleep. Elli and Bryce were finally quiet and then about 10:00, Bryce fell asleep. Just about then Elli was dozing off and then I hear a huge cry from upstairs. Elli woke up too because she was in my arms and I had to get up. It was Caleb crying. So I grab him and he comes downstairs with me to lay down. Both Elli and Caleb were wanting to lay with me so I had both in my arms. (Which was amazing!!) Elli zonked out. She was dead asleep within minutes. Caleb on the other hand wouldn't stop being annoyed that he woke up. He was calm for a little and that's when I heard the baby crying too. So I put Caleb down and ran upstairs to calm her. Caleb by now was so mad at me for not holding him. I made Sarah a bottle and she calmed down. When I got back downstairs, Caleb wouldn't let me hold him anymore. He was so tired and I think he was basically half asleep. He walks away from me and goes towards the high chair. Then seconds later, he stopped crying and he was TOTALLY asleep. He had fallen asleep in this position. I had to take a picture of this. Such a funny boy.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE IT! Classic

Stefany Pew said...

Oh my! That is hilarious! It's amazing how tired kids are but still manage to fight sleep, but their bodies ultimately give up eventually! Hahaha! What a cutie!

Mel said...

haha! Too cute!