I guess I skipped over not posting this..... ooops.
My sister in laws and I went to Time Out For Women in Phoenix last month. We had SOOOOO much fun together. I'm glad all of us ended up going. Holly got us a hotel for Friday night. So we went and listened to some amazing speakers and then walked back to our hotel and talked until 1:00 AM. We got up early and went back in the morning.
This is Kenneth Cope.... or as I call him, KEN. Long story short, when we were about to take this picture, I called him Ken instead of Kenneth and it made us all laugh. Even the next day when Kenneth was walking around greeting everyone. He came up to us and we said, "Hi Ken." He laughed, but I hope I didn't offend him by calling him that. Oh well, I really loved listening to him. He was a great performer and I loved getting out my old cds of his that I haven't listened to in FOREVER!!
There were some amazing speakers and I came home with some great notes. I have loved listening to John Bytheway. He is so great!! Very uplifting and funny!!
Camille, Megan, Me, Holly
(I am so lucky to have such great sister in laws.)
Oh Ken.....
Here are notes that I took that come in handy to look back and re-read what we learned.....
Brad & Debbie Wilcox
“If you can laugh at it, you can live with it.”
· - Decreases stress
· - Decreases pain
· Is good for immune system
- A good sense of humor helps us keep perspective, helps build relationships, and helps us cope with problems.
A positive attitude is to be respected, not ridiculed.
FUNNY STORY: They were on a plane and when it was landing, it was really bouncy. The plane actually bounced up and down a couple times before coming to a complete stop. Everyone on the plane was shook up and scared. The pilot then came on the intercom and said, “Take that you bad bad runway.” When people were walking off the plane, they had a better attitude about the whole situation and actually thanked the pilot.
*If you can laugh at it, you can live with it.
Don’t ridicule people who are cheerful. They are CONSCIOUSLY choosing to be humorous. Everyone has problems. You can have problems and be happy AT THE SAME TIME.
- Don’t postpone happiness.
- Happiness is a CITY in a STATE of mind.
- Ecclesiastes 3:4 – A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
- You can be serious, but take life in a light way.
- Happiness and laughter can help us keep His image in our countenance.
- God told Adam & Eve to be HAPPY ….. and FIND JOY.
John Bytheway
Started off telling us that his last name is in the scriptures and the meaning is “Path that leads to eternal life.” (He was pretty proud about that.)
- Alma 29:14-16 - Be happy with the success of others.
- Don’t compete.
- Marjorie Hinckley “Small & Simple Things”
· pg 148
· pg 104
· pg 31
- Marry someone who knows how to be content.
- Our best answers are the ones we already know.
- Read the sacrament prayers and DO WHAT BOTH PRAYERS SAY. D & C 20:77 & 79
· - Pray to have the Holy Ghost with you ALWAYS.
· - Always remember Him
- Find joy in the success of others
Donna Schaub “I think I’ll be delightful today.”
- Am I fun to be married to?
- Diamonds shine brighter against a dark background. (Which is meant that we can shine bright even in this dark world.)
- D & C 101:32 – Yea, verily I say unto you, in that day when the Lord shall come, he shall reveal all things.
- 1 Nephi 11:22 – And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.
- Be cheerful. Don't be a whiner.
- I can choose to be delightful!
Emily Watts
APPEARANCES
- Outward appearance is an inward path of commitment.
- Children are a slow ripening fruit and at different paces.
· - Be patient, don’t judge them on appearance.
- Heavenly Father loves MY children as much as I do.
- Joseph Smith History 1:8
- Early experiences (or trials) pave the way of our life.
- Psalms 27 : 14 – Wait on the Lord
* You plant it, you water it, you take care of it, but when it comes down to it….. It’s the SON who does the rest.
- 1 Cronicles 5 : 20
- Psalms 9 : 10
* Fruit doesn’t always ripen on this side of the veil. But he does not forsake us.
* Some of the hardest kids are what make YOU a better person. Sometimes we think our kids can be a burden, but we need to let them make us better people.
* It’s up to the SON who will bring us rippen, beautiful fruit – We just need to put our trust in him.
Emily Freeman
ABUNDANCE
How often do we feel inadequate?? (Like…. “If I had this….then this.”
3 STEPS
1. Determine what we have to offer, then make the most of it.
Alma 26 : 16 - Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
2. Give all (even if it means our time)
There is a power of abundance when we give all.
Be less critical
Always be on the Lord’s errand
* Be there – Don’t wait for things to calm down – Be there when things happen.
3. Learn to be content
Abundance can come with the simplest things.
* Are we content?
*Heavenly Father just KNOWS
*When we are not sure where we are, the Lord can help us to be content.
* We can make the most of what we have
John 6 : 6 – The Lord is aware of us
· - If we could be build upon a foundation (which is the Savior), how abundant out life will be.
- Make the most of what we have to offer.
- We are given things we cannot handle, but can with the grace enabling power of Christ.
- It is worth the struggle to sit at the right hand of God.





2 comments:
Sounds like you had a good time! Love some of the notes you took. Thanks for posting them!
Thanks so much for posting your notes. It made me want to go so bad!
Post a Comment