Mark's brother and his wife Camille went to Hawaii for October Break. They have 4 kids, but they just took their 2 older ones. So Mark and I watched their 2 little ones at their house for a week and a half. It was pretty fun watching them. Our kids don't get to play with them very often and were in heaven having some cousins to play with nonstop.
Had to get the bath tub picture. And yes, I was too lazy to do 2 separate baths with the babies and the girls. They were too busy playing that they didn't care.
Braeden had football practice so we played at the park while he practiced. I LOVE this park and so do my kids. But it sure makes it hard when it's time to leave.
Eli
Elli was excited to show off her Mad Monkey Bar skills
I know, I know.... kids aren't supposed to climb up the slide, but what the heck. I never make them stop unless I sense another parent is mad. It's more fun to climb up than it is to go down... right?
Eli wasn't a big fan of getting his picture taken. I chased him around the playground until I got one...
Got it!!
Caleb thought it was a game and ran away from me.
These girls were having too much fun with each other!
He IS a cheese ball. He loves his picture taken..... hmmmmm, where does he get that??
Then Sunday rolled around. Mark wanted to go to church but I didn't have any clothes for Braeden. So I just got the girls ready and Mark took them to church. Emma has an older sister and their clothes are always coordinated. They are always dressed so cute!! So Elli wore Haley's dress and Emma wore her dress and they went to church!! Love these pictures!
When I was cleaning their house the last day we were there, the babies had fun playing games with each other. They were funny with each other. Eli would get mad at Caleb for playing with his toys and Caleb would just yell right back at him. But for the most part, they had fun together!
I think this was their favorite game.
I realized I didn't get too many pictures of Braeden. Basically because this is what he did most of the time. He has been learning the hymn "Nearer My God To Thee" Mark has been teaching how to play more than the top hand. He's doing pretty darn good!!
The only other pictures we got of Braeden were when he went to the hospital. So here's how it started. I had a cough and signs of a sore throat every morning for about 3 days, but it never turned into anything. I felt fine and never felt sick. Well, Braeden started feeling that way Saturday night. So he took his airborne and woke up the next morning feeling the same way I did. I never thought anything of it because I never felt sick and it was going away slowly. So I assumed Braeden's would too. We put the kids to bed Sunday night and at 1:00 in the morning, Braeden came to our room having difficulty taking breaths. I have never experienced anything like this. My kids don't have asthma and have never had any issues like this. At first I kind of thought he just needed to relax and just breath. I took him to the bathroom so I could see him better and after a minute or so, I got Mark out of bed and told him he really can't breath. After Mark tried to figure out what was going on, Mark whispered to me to call the ambulance. So I panicked and and called them. I could barely talk to them because I was so scared. But by this time, Braeden was doing everything he could to take even the littlest breath. He even asked us, "Am I dying?" That broke my heart. But we took him downstairs and Braeden asked his dad if he could go outside to get some air and if he would give him a blessing. After the blessing, Braeden was breathing a tad bit better. I love Braeden's understanding of prayer. We try to emphasize the importance of it and Braeden has seen first hand how powerful it can be. (Even in little situations) A little while later, the ambulance came and gave him oxygen and even after that, they decided it was a good idea to take him to the hospital. I stayed at the house and Mark followed the ambulance to the hospital. (Braeden thought that was pretty cool to ride in an ambulance) The nurses gave Braeden a steroid and determined it was croup that he had. Mark texted me that and I started looking at what croup was. That explained Braeden to a T. But there isn't anything to really do except give him a steroid to relax his throat and open his airways. They kept Braeden there until 4 AM and sent him home because he was doing much better. SOOOOO glad he is doing better. He slept with us the rest of the night.
Through the whole thing, Braeden had the best attitude. He was calm and knew he was being taken care of. I love this little guy. I am so lucky that he is my boy!
This was him "trying" to get some sleep.



3 comments:
Wow, I'd be freaking out if my kid woke me up having trouble breathing! I'm so glad he is doing better:)
I've been there...its scary. Glad he's doing better.
The boys were telling me that braeden couldn't breath and he rode to the hospital in the ambulance....and I thought they were kidding....guess not! Kids will give you gray hairs!!
Post a Comment