Monday, August 16, 2010

When did this happen???

This little guy has turned 8!! Or in this house, he is called Dude.  Caleb can't say his name very well, so Caleb reverted to calling him.... DUDE!!  So that is what he is known by in this house.


How old am I?  Am I really this old to have an 8 year old???


Braeden is such a sweet little boy with a TON of energy!!


He is such a creative guy and makes everything fun!!  He is always coming up with stories and finding different ways to convince me he needs to make a movie of it.

I miss this little face.  He was so squishy and yummy as a little baby!!



And these two "SAY" they don't like each other sometimes, but I've have caught them on numerous occasions being ridiculously cute together.  I don't think they could live without each other.  They had such a fun summer being creative together.


When school started I told Braeden that he needed to play the big brother role and look after Elli on the bus and in school.  And just this morning Braeden told me this in these exact words, 

Braeden:  "Mom, I think Elli is a big girl now. I don't think I need to sit by her anymore on the bus. She can just sit on the seat across from me."

Me: "Why don't you want to sit by her?"

B: "Well, it's not that I don't want to... it's just that she is big now. Everyone knows Elli on the bus. She is popular. Everyone says "Oh she is so cute" to me.  Even the kindergarteners say that.  I guess I'm popular too. Everyone says my name too."

He kinda kept going on about that. Soooo funny!! I don't know if they sat together today or not... I guess I'll find out later!!

But I love how he tried to convince me that Elli was OK not sitting by him.





I still have a crush on this boy. He is one good lookin' little guy!!  I love how he still wants to play with my hair when we are sitting by each other. He will still hug and kiss me. (I hope that never goes away) He really is a good big brother. He really adores his brother and sister!!  I have loved watching him grow up and can't wait for his big day of being baptized.  Can't believe it's already here. 

Love me some Braeden!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Braeden!! Crazy how fast that went by and now we will have all these baptisms happening! So exciting!

Peterson Family said...

Yeah, I definitely don't think we are old enough to have 8 year olds!! :)

I still remember Braeden as a baby... man time flies!

He's a great kid... infact all THREE are great kids! :)

Happy Birthday Braeden!