We had a family reunion for my side of the family the beginning of August. It was a ton of fun. Here's the majority of the grandkids. Well, the only one missing is Cash who is only 3 months old.
But they were all over at the cabin at the same time and it was getting kind of crazy. I decided it was time to get them out of the house and go for a walk. We made our way around the block.
We stopped and played with a pile of sticks. And since most of the grandkids are boys.... they sticks turned into guns. Typical.
Just down the street, we were walking along and Cole noticed a lizard right next to the road, but in someone's rocks. So all the kids went over to the rocks and were trying to catch it. Not a minute later, the lady who lived in that house came out and asked,
"Can I help you?"
Me: "No, we just found a lizard and we're looking at it."
Stupid lady: "You are on my property."
Me: "I know, but they are just kids and they are only looking at a lizard. We'll be done soon."
Stupid lady: "Could you please leave?"
Me: "They are just kids, they aren't hurting your rocks. You are 2nd old person to tell me what to do with my kids and I can't stand it. We will leave when we are finished so calm down"
Stupid lady: {Kind of speechless}
Me: "Ok kids, let's get off this grumpy old lady's rocks and go."
This happened about a month ago, so the conversation between us was something like that. I wasn't very sweet to her because she was kind of ridiculous to come outside and even ask me that. We weren't doing anything.
PLUS, the day before that, our kids were out in the backyard (of the house we were staying in) playing in the dirt and mud. The backyard didn't have a fence to distinguish the property lines. But there was a little 2 foot ditch and Caleb was playing in it. There were about 8 adults on the back porch watching the kids. Well, my sister in law noticed a neighbor watching us. A few minutes later, he stormed outside and started telling us to watch our kids. He continued to tell us that there was a little boy "stuck" in this ditch and we were just watching him be stuck in there. And then he told us to get our kids off his property. I'm pretty sure there was more that was said because he was an idiot too and he got all of us parents mad for even coming over where we were to tell us how to watch our kids.
**For one thing, Caleb was not stuck in the ditch and couldn't get out. He was playing in there and EASILY got out when he was done.**
**The next day, that guy had put "No Trespassing" signs along his property line. Which by the way, our kids barely stepped over.**
What is up with grumpy people in Pinetop. SOOOOO ANNOYING!!
During my walk with all my nieces and nephews, Caleb was getting sleepy. So I held him and he actually fell asleep. I couldn't believe it. He even stayed asleep when we laid him down.
Melissa and the boys playing on an ipad.
The guys on their laptops. You wold think we would take a vacation from work, but no, they brought work with them.
Kids upstairs playing on the mattresses.
Caleb being content playing monopoly by himself.
Tyke & Chubs
Tyke and Oo-ah!
Aunt Rachel keeping our kids entertained!!
The picnic.
I have been going to this reunion my whole life and have never seen water in this little creek. Super fun for the kids though!!
This was funny because Ryan didn't know my dad was behind him. I was telling my dad to move his hand higher, but Ryan thought I was telling him to lift his head. That's why Ryan's chin is so high.
Aunt Sue HAD to bring ring pops for all the kids.
It's tradition to ride the go-carts after the picnic. The adults bought an hour pass and the kids who weren't big enough to ride by themselves tagged along for the ride.
1 comment:
I can't believe you beat me in posting Pinetop pics! Can you just copy and paste into my blog so I don't have to do it?!!! ;-)
Post a Comment