Sunday, May 16, 2010

Caleb turned TWO

My little boy turned 2 in April.  Who would of thought it's been 2 years since he was born.  Caleb has his moments, but he really is a sweet boy and will give us kisses on demand. He is a little lover and still cuddles with us. 

But the Sunday before his birthday, we had a little April birthday dinner for the April birthdays on the Harper side.


Elli was confused and thought she could open the presents and then keep the presents.
(Look at those tongues... so cute!!)



Caleb got a new bike.  He has been riding Elli's princess bikes and such, so I thought it was time he got his own. Can you tell he was excited??  His face says it all.




He still is trying to figure out that the pedals will make the bike go. 



We had a little party for him with just our little family.


The yummy cake.  I got Thrifty ice cream (Chocolate Malt) and made an ice cream cake.  Mmmmm, it was delish.


Caleb understood what to do!!


(So did Mark....obviously!!) 
:)


Caleb LOVES Toy Story and so I got him some Toy Story Legos.  Basically, I have been looking for an excuse to buy some of those legos because they are so stinkin' cute.  Caleb can't build them, but he would love to play with them.  So I got those so Braeden and Caleb could play with them together.  But it looks like Braeden took over.  


Some things about Caleb......

1. He FINALLY has decided to start talking.  He just hasn't been interested in it and a week before his birthday, me and him were at the grocery store and out of the blue, Caleb said, "MOMMY" in the cutest little voice.  He has never said that before.  He always said Daddy.  So that was pretty exciting for me. 

2. Caleb can climb like no other. At parks, he will climb up on play sets and I have total trust in him climbing those things while other mothers are looking at me like I'm crazy for letting him climb like that. All my kids have been monkeys like that.

3. He definitely knows what he wants.  He has a very determined personality. 

4. He gives the sweetest kisses to Mark and I and he lets us eat him up.

5. He will (most of the time) clean up a mess he made if we ask him to.

6. Will play outside all day if I let him.

7. Can entertain himself. He is very content being by himself and will even tell me to leave if he doesn't want me there.

8. He has the cutest and most contagious laugh ever. If you get him going, he can go forever and it such a cute laugh.

9. He has been able to climb out of his bed since before he was one. So it isn't very fun putting him to bed.  He gets out of his crib on a average of 5 times. We have tried Supernanny's approach at keeping him in bed and it hasn't worked, so it is something that just happens with him.

10. He will come running up to me or Mark and jump in our arms if we kneel on the floor at his level.  He really has a tender heart for his mommy and daddy.

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY CHUBS!!!

No comments: