Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day PARTIES!

My kids REALLY wanted me to go their Valentine's Parties. Well, I wasn't feeling the greatest, but I went anyways. Elli's was first and it was fun.

They made little fruit kabobs which I thought was so cute! Elli wanted more, of course since it was something she liked to eat.
Caleb being his cute little self as usual sitting in the stroller. He's always so cooperative when I go places. He just sits there and watches the scenery. (Except the days he's been teething, which by the way, he is 10 months and STILL has no teeth. So I think to myself when he's a little fussy, "Well maybe he's teething," but there hasn't been a tooth yet, so who knows.)




Then there was Braeden's class. Braeden told me that morning that he really needed me to go to his party. He acted pretty insistent about it. So I thought I would tell him "maybe" and surprise him. I almost didn't go. By then, I really didn't have any energy, but I knew Braeden really wanted me there. So I went. I'm glad I did. When I got there, Braeden had told his teacher that I was going to be there and how excited he was. She was hoping I would come so I didn't disappoint. But it ended up being good that I came. A mom who was there to help had to leave because her daughter wasn't feeling good. So I took her place. Braeden was so cute and I'm so glad I could do that for him.


Here's his whole class.

My birthday is actually on Valentine's Day and I ended laying on the couch the whole day with the flu. Kind of a bummer. It wasn't a fun day. Mark was gone from 8 - 3 relocating our storage stuff, so it wasn't a fun Valentine's Day either. I didn't get to eat the sugar cookies that my mom made and I was very sad about that. I did end up losing 7 pounds being sick, which didn't stay off for long, but none the less, I lost 7 pounds! Woo Hoo!
My parents were so cute. They made (well my mom made) these big sugar cookies with each of their grandkid's name on it. They left them at the door and rang the doorbell and ran. I guess "back in their day," that's how they delivered Valentines . . . leave them by the doorstep and run. So they took cookies to each of their grandkids, and the kids loved it. I have pictures, I just need to get them from my dad. So they will be posted when I get them.

2 comments:

Megan said...

What a good mommy you are to go to both parties even when you were feeling 100%! Caleb is such a good boy to just sit and watch in his stroller!

Sassy said...

That stinks that you didn't feel good...having to miss out on sugar cookies would just be sad...I ♥ that your mom and dad did that...too cute!