Friday, October 7, 2011

Capri Lynn

SHE'S HERE!!! 

Born September 27th at 9:53 at night.

7 lbs. 12 oz.
21 inches long
(She is a whole pound bigger, but the same length as our other 3 kids. I am convinced that pound is in her cheeks!!)

Monday morning I had my doctor's appointment and I was dilated at a 2 and about 40% effaced. So my doctor stripped my membranes. And with the last 2 kiddos, that put me into labor that same night. So I was very hopeful it would work again!! I just had all kinds of contractions and that night I was up about every 10-20 minutes with hard contractions. I didn't get much sleep that night. But I was scheduled for inducement Tuesday morning at 5:00. But the hospital called at 3:30 saying they were really full and that they would call me sometime soon to have me come in. I got a call about 8:00 and was told to come in within the next hour. So I got there at 9:00 and waited a little bit. A nurse came out and told me that between the time they called and when I got there, 5 women had come in. One was sent in by ambulance because there was an ambulance outside. So I got sent home. I was pretty bummed, but it was understandable. So I waited and waited. I had nothing to do since everything was clean and organized at home. I just sat on the couch twiddling my thumbs and having contraction pains. The nurse had told me I would only need to wait about 2 1/2 hours or so and they would call me. But 2:00 came and eventually the kids got home school. Before they left for school, we told the kids that I was going in to have the baby and hopefully they would be able to see her that night, but when they got home and I was still there, Elli looked at me, pointed to my belly and got mad at me for still having a big belly. She seriously got mad at me. But they finally called me back at 5:30. So Mark and I rushed there so the same thing wouldn't happen again and we got there about 6:00 night. When the nurse checked me, I was at a 4 and 70% effaced. So those contractions I was feeling weren't for nothing!! I got my epidural at 7:00. I made a big fuss about getting a good doctor to give me my epidural because the last 2 I had were HORRIBLE. And it worked... I got someone who was confident and knew what she was doing!! So I was pain-free through the whole labor & delivery!! Which was FABULOUS!! But about 7:30, my mom, sister Kara, Mark's mom and my niece Ashley came rolling in. We watched Biggest Loser and about 9:30 we told the nurses to come check me and sure enough, it was time. Capri came at 9:53.



Of course she had to give us a scare though. The cord was wrapped around her little neck tight and she was stuck for a while. My doctor tried to get it off her neck, but couldn't because it was so tight.  So she cut the cord and out she came. During that time, she wasn't getting any oxygen so when she came out, she wasn't crying. It took her a while and a lot of nurses to get her crying. But she did and she has been great since!!

I made Mark go home to sleep since the nurses would be coming in and waking us up. I wanted at least one of us to get some sleep.  So the next morning, he brought the kids in to see their new sister before school. They were sooooo excited. They each had to hold her.







Grandma Dianna was in town watching Greg and Holly's kids for the week and it was perfect timing since she was able to be there when Capri was born.





I love that she puts her hand by her cheek.


Showing off her dimples.



I wasn't sure how Caleb would react to having a new baby in the house. But he has been GREAT!! He loves that little girl and dotes on her. He says how cute she is and always wants to help feed her and hold her. He really is a big helper. 


We had to have a photo session with Elli since she wanted to take some pictures to show off Capri to her school class.




Then one morning, I had just got the kids off on the school bus and went to feed Capri and I found her like this. Braeden had put these glasses on her before he left. It just made me laugh.  

 I have the best kids and couldn't be any luckier to be their mom!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

That last picture is hilarious!
Can't wait to see Capri again, my kids are dying to come see her!

Rachel said...

I was wondering when you were going to post about Capri. :) That's so funny that Elli actually got mad at you. I love the pictures, especially Capri's awesome glasses!

Caitlin and Josh said...

Congratulations, she is just a doll! Can't wait to meet her! Darling name too. And that last picture made me laugh!!